Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$155
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
US$125
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$124
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Lansdowne(Hastings)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsentertainment staffplatinum caravansmall shopshort breakfamily holidaykerryentertainersfri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Avoid like the plague I have never ever, done a review on trip advisor but I feel like I need to let people no. This holiday park is filthy, our caravan upon arrival had egg and tomatoe in the sink, hair in the shower and cutlery, mould in the shower area, the floors were so filthy my baby couldn't crawl about because her clothes become filthy dirty. I had to bleach every where ... One of the beds were broken and exposed 6 nails and was just left like that, makes me cringe to think my baby could have crawled into them. Also fag butts all around our caravan and rubbis in bushes right new to out caravan. There public pool is also vile. PLEASE AVOID

3  Thank Zaralou2014
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Please be assured that I will be investigating the issues with your holiday home strongly with our cleaning and maintenance team, I apologise that our high standards were not met with your holiday home. All our team are working incredibly hard to continue raising the standards of Coghurst Hall.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

What a waste of money, the staff are rude, the caravan was old and very dirty. The clubhouse has been revamped but the whole building was still a building site which was an eye sore. The entertainment was appealing the entertainers themselves were acting like it was there party not interested in the kids even played techno and house music in a family club house!!!! The site was very run down and dirty. The pool was closed on numerous occasions due to one thing ir another breaking. Never again

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank mummyoftwo28

Thank you for your review. At Coghurst Hall we strive to deliver the best guest experience possible to all of our guests and I’m sorry we were unable to deliver you that experience. I will be investigating the points you have made with my team as we look to improve our service in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Never having been to anything like this, I was quite worried - especially after reading some of the reviews. However, we had a brilliant time. We had booked a bronze caravan using the Sun promotion, so we didn't pay much (to say the least). We were upgraded to a silver caravan. The caravan was old and a bit shabby but it was very clean and very well equipped and everything worked.
The only criticism I have, and why I have not given 5 stars, are the beds. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and worn out and they didn't have mattress covers. The bed linen was that white sheeting stuff that was spotless and I think had been bleached. A bit torn in places but it didn't matter as it was so clean and fresh.
The staff were incredibly helpful. We phoned reception to get another set of sheets and they were delivered to our door.
The restaurant food was as expected. Not fine dining and not many healthy options but it was fine and the prices were good. The drinks prices were normal pub prices, which surprised me as I assumed they would charge more. They don't even rip you off in the shop. Prices are a bit higher than normal but not excessively.
The service in the bar and restaurant was excellent - friendly and efficient.
The pool is brilliant for kids, especially the slide bit.
In all, we had a great time and didn't want to come home. We will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MammyBaker B

What a lovely review! We are so pleased when families enjoy their stay here at Coghurst Hall. Our reception team work incredibly hard to help our guests in anyway they can. Over the winter months we invested a great deal of money in new mattresses for our holiday homes as it was an area we felt we needed to raise the standards, however it would seem there a couple more we need to update which we will sort as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Unless you are a fisherman there is nothing to do on site, the kids entertainment area is so tiny, the swimming pool area is tiny especially for the size of the campsite. It felt like the staff could not be interested in helping you. Static home was right next to the sewerage farm and we had flowers growing out the gutters. The outside of the unit needs a good wash. Won't be back again

3  Thank David D

Thank you for your comments. At Coghurst Hall we do not claim to be the life and soul of the party. We are a quiet park in a lovely natural setting, ideal for families to come away and enjoy some well-earned peace & quiet. However, we do offer a range of entertainment for the whole family to enjoy, it is a shame that it was not to your liking.
Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I would like to start off by describing this location as a Toilet!!! our caravan which was a silver plus accommodation was situated next to a cesspit. The caravan was apparently 4 yrs old which was covered in mud and moss, weeds growing out from the guttering and the general condition of the caravan was dated and decrepit. The site itself is nothing like the website portrays the grounds are cramped, littered with rubbish and generally looks run down. We will not be using Park Holidays again and hope that other hard working families think twice before booking a break away to this location.

5  Thank Mark B

Thank you for your feedback. I will be investigating your comments with our holiday sales and maintenance team to ensure the issues with the holiday home are rectified. Please be assured that if your issues were reported to reception, our team would have endeavoured to put them right for you at the time.