“A very pleasant stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Weston super mare
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived for a weeks stay (2x newspaper holiday running concurrently.) The reception was very nice and we found we were given an upgrade of a silver caravan for free for the first holiday booked and were due to move into another caravan for the second one. We asked if it would be possible to stay in the same caravan to save upheaval half way through the holiday and it was sorted with no problems.
The clubhouse was very small but staff were great and the children present seemed to be having a nice time. There was a lot of noise on the site (barking) as it was very dog friendly but it didn't spoil the holiday. A nice lakeside setting. We did feel that there was to many caravans crammed in which spoilt the atmosphere as a little space is also nice. The quality of the caravan was good and it was clean. Also, everything was there that was needed. The bed was lumpy but we had taken our own quilts and linen so put their quilt under the sheet and improved the quality of sleep after the first night. The pool is very basic but adequate and it was excellent that 2 lifeguards were present. Overall, due to very pleasant staff it is recommended for a budget stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I am glad you found our team friendly and helpful during your stay. Our team work very hard throughout our 11 1/2 month season to deliver the best service to all of our guests. We are in the process of removing old stock away from the park to clear more space across the grounds.
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the other reviews we were wondering whether to book.

However I grew up in Hastings, and with a baby we wanted to be in familiar surroundings, so this was a good option for us.

We also have a young family and a German Shepherd, so finding a holiday for the whole family is challenging.

Pricing was very reasonable, and dogs are welcome. There is also a dog walking area.

The caravan kitchen was well equipped, with a full oven & gas hob, microwave, fridge freezer, toaster, kettle, cutlery, crockery & basic cooking equipment.

Bathroom facilities were adequate, although slight niggle with no wash basin in the toilet (bathroom is next door).

The adventure playground was a godsend; perfect for dissipation of the kids last remnants of energy.

Our eldest (4) thoroughly enjoyed the kids entertainments, and they were also pretty energetic.

All in all we were very happy with our stay - we're considering going back next year.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for a such a lovely review. From this year, we now allow pets in a selected number of silver and gold grade holiday homes on the park so our guests have the option to upgrade and enjoy a touch more luxury during their stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you decide to come and see us again next year! :-)
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After reading many bad reviews here, I was rather apprehensive about our much-needed family holiday. But I needn't have worried as it was a pleasant environment. Upon arrival, I was in the reception for a maximum of three minutes before being given my keys and off we went to find our caravan. The staff were all friendly and happy to answer any questions if necessary.

So here's the main points:

* The grounds - clean, tidy, free of litter and reasonably easy to park with not too far to walk from the car to the caravan (quite hilly though so watch out if using a wheelchair). We were in the Gardens area which was right next to the children's park.

* The caravan - relatively new and modern, clean, everything working ok and had a gas fire, TV, FreeSat and cooker with crockery/cutlery. Only slight niggle was the shower drained slowly and the larger bedroom was a little damp. But hey ho for a bronze standard I'm not expecting the Ritz!

* The facilities - we didn't use the site much as we went out to see family who live locally for the most part. One evening we went for the entertainment for our daughter to have a dance. She loved it (basically dancing competitions and musical statues). The kids part finished early but we didn't mind as our daughter is only 4 and we have a baby so it was bedtime anyway. The next evening we ate in the pub and it's basically on par with Wetherspoons (frozen/fried budget food) but it served its purpose. Automated bingo was starting as we left. The shop is small but the man who runs it is very nice and gave us some extra tokens from the arcade machines that he had. We didn't use the pool.

I can honestly say it was a reasonably nice place to stay. I don't think I would treat it as an alternative to a larger holiday camp, but it was adequate for a crash pad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Our team take great pride in delivering the best guest experience possible and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. As you rightly point out, we are a quiet woodlands park where our guests come to relax and enjoy some quiet time away. We hope to welcome you back to Coghurst Hall in the future.
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived to a Beautiful site with a lovely lake and views, the staff were lovely at reception and we got excited about our stay. As we walked up to our Caravan doom overcame me!! Horrendous , nasty, old fashioned caravan that should have been condemned years before I was born!! My children were very disappointed, I was offended that they thought a family would sleep there for their little holiday!! I cried then made the decision just to go home no way was I staying somewhere that horrible! Please book a modern caravan if u can upgrade!! I was so offended we just got back in our car and went home with the boys crying on the way home. Good luck if you choose to go here!!! I wish I had taken note of the bad comments and not bothered!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lisa S
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and I'm sorry that you stay with us was so short-lived. I have spoken to our reception team and they are unaware of any issues that were reported to them. Please be assured that we endeavour to sort any issues our guests have, I am sure we would have been able to find you more suitable accommodation if we were informed of your troubles so you could enjoy some well-earned time away with the kids.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We are currently staying here, we arrived today...we are in a silver in the gardens area and its not bad really, there are a few minor issues but nothing that cant be solved...asked at reception for someone to look at tv as I thought it was not working...someone came straight away it turned out it was me not knowing how to work it...silly me! unfortunately we came by train so have to get taxis everywhere as its remote, the shop is small but the man there is friendly and its ok if you run out of something its basic but ok. the caravan is reasonably clean the bedding is very clean the beds are ok considering how many people must pass through the site but there should be protectors really but plenty of sheets so I used them to line them. All in all its what you pay for and to be honest I think its good value for money...and the sun is shining...bonus...will keep everyone posted as the week goes on....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joanne A
Thank you for your comments and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay! We try to ensure that we have protectors on our mattresses at all times. I will raise your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure they have since been replaced.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Was worried after reading the previous reviews but when we finally arrived what a surprise the site is really nice the clubhouse is clean and reasonably priced for drinks and food entertainment was good and caravan was spacious and very clean will come back again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 1chell
Thank you for your comments. Over the last year or so we have endeavoured to improve all aspects of the park, it pleases me greatly that you enjoyed you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We've been coming to Coghurst for years we love it here so we now are owners since the new manager Richard took over park about a year ago he has made lots of good changes to the park all the staff here are good the maintaining staff are very helpful if there is any thing wrong with the vans here there come and repair it straight away so I recommend this holiday park a very good place to come 100% if the manager keep doing the good work he is going this park should be rated a 5 star holiday park

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
WoW! What a great review. Thank you for your kind words. Our team really enjoy hearing such great feedback so I will pass on your comments which I am sure will motivate them to improve even more.
Many Thanks!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Best Western Royal Victoria Hotel
Spindlewood Country Holiday Park
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
#3 of 11 in Hastings

Been to Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!