We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed 26 July 2014

First of all booked a 3 bed caravan as was staying with family and two young children and after travelling for 7 hours we arrived at 10pm to realise it was a two bedroom. I had to stay on a sofa for the whole duration as the bar staff who checked us in were unhelpful and couldn't be bothered with the hassle of moving. Secondly I couldn't connect to wifi and went to the bar to ask for some help, I walked all the way there in the dark to be told they couldn't help me. I work in a busy hotel and as a member of staff we have to help customers by ringing the service provider so felt extremely let down as I had a very poorly relative who I needed to contact with updates but nobody would help me (went four times for help off different staff). I also missed the death of this relative due to no wifi and whilst I understand this isn't your fault I felt like your staff could have done more to help me.
I also do not understand how you can call it family entertainment when the entertainment was the same thing every night and nothing was put on during the day! We stayed in one day to let the kids go to the daytime stuff however we sat and waited, nobody turned up! The entertainers were also the rudest, most abrupt members of staff I have ever come across, one of them even said 'Maria's lucky, she's got a night off tonight'. Surely you aren't supposed to announce to a whole room of customers your colleague is lucky she has the night off?! I certainly wouldn't in my line of work or I'd be in the managers office with a telling off! One even told my son off in front of me for going to get some paper off the speaker which she had announced over the mic was available whilst the adults were playing bingo (believe her name was Maria.) Definitely need to work on their people skills. However on that note the bar staff on the second night were a lot nicer, very friendly and helpful although one member or staff stood out and I hope to goodness I have his name right, he wore a black shirt and believe his name is Liam? Hope I have his name right as he was
lovely and deserves recognition as he definitely made the stay a bit more enjoyable and was fantastic with customers. The receptionists were nice too but didn't really speak to them much.
Also was told somebody died in the lake, think you need to sort the fencing on the out as my son nearly ran into it!
All in all was not worth the 20 hour drive in total there and back was not worth the experience we had.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank gracehall26
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I was very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay here at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park and that as you were a late arrival to check in, that our Complex staff could not immediately assist you with the caravan. It is very regrettable that our team was not able to assist you and correct the error that resulted in you caravan being mis-allocated. I am very sorry that you felt that the team who you spoke to did not offer you sufficient help to remedy your concerns. The wi-fi service in our caravans is supplied by a company called Wi-Fi Spark and as such is not something within the remit of our team to assist you with beyond basic advice on how to access it. Wi-Fi access remains free of charge in our Complex area for the enjoyment of all.
Our team members are our best asset as they are instrumental in ensuring our guests get the very most out of their stay and so I must apologise that the conduct of any member of the team fell below the normal high standards that you and I would expect. They come from a number of different entertainments background in order to enhance the level of entertainment and service you can expect. I am certainly most glad that the service you received from the Complex & Reception teams lived up to this and we will only be too pleased to pass on to Liam your thanks and praise.
Please do accept our sincere condolences for your loss and our regret that the service from any of our team caused detriment to your stay and hampered such crucial communication with your family. I am very glad that you found many members of the team to be helpful to you and I can assure you that this is representative of the high standards of service to which we aspire and model to all of our team. Coghurst Hall Holiday Park is a picturesque park with great natural beauty that can be enjoyed by all. The lake is open to all in possession of a permit and license for fishing and so this access is vital to the character of the park as an angling orientated holiday park.
The good opinion of our guests is of vital importance to us and we would not like to think that your experiences at Coghurst Hall have tarnished your good opinion of Park Holidays. If there is anything further we can do to put this right, please don't hesitate to contact me directly
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

There are newer reviews for Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It was my first caravan holiday. We two couples and a friend visited there. The caravan was very nice and clean. When we asked for extra duvet and pillow they provided with no extra cost. Staffs were friendly and helpful. There is a amazingly beautiful lake and many ducks were swimming there. We enjoyed a lot in the swimming pool, sauna and spa which all were clean. We were from Bangladesh and girls wanted to use swmming pool when it was quiet. When we explain they respect the different culture and made our holiday very comfortable. Definitely will visit again. Thanks to all staff.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I will be pleased to pass on your compliments to all of the team here at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park, as each and every one of us strive to make our park and our service to our guests the very best it can be. The Housekeeping Team work very hard to maintain high standards and provide great first impressions, as well as responding to additional requests swiftly. I was very pleased to read that you also found the Lifeguards to be empathetic and accommodating to your requests and that your party was able to spend some quiet time in our unique underground pool area.
It is one of the best features of our park and enjoyed by many, alongside the picturesque fishing lake and the park’s backdrop of scenic fields and woodland. It is our pleasure to exceed guest expectations wherever we can and to assist our guests to make the most of their time with us. I am so pleased to hear that you are considering returning to Coghurst Hall Holiday Park and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our park in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

As a family we are extremely easy going and can adapt readily to most situations, so I would say that we probably wouldn't have actually given as little as two stars to this Park, even though the caravans are pushed close together and the pool and clubhouse are very small. We try to make the best of things and didn't bother about some of the reviews we had read, looking at the positives the site appeared to be quite rural and the lake in particular excited our two children so we bought a couple of really cheap Chinese fishing rods for a bit of fun. However, about a half hour into fishing on our second day a portly gentleman and I use the term loosely (not the portly!) arrived and quizzed us about a permit. We told him that we were unaware that we should have one, but before we could think about purchasing one from the site he was then asking about a national rod and line license, which would have been impossible for us to do, he demanded that we should cease fishing, the kids were really upset and it ruined things for us, we paid £2.99 for each of the rods you couldn't cast more than 10ft and needless to say, we didn't catch anything. Anyway, we hope whoever he is, he has now satisfied his own importance and managed to chastise two young kids who were just trying to have some innocent fun. Park Manager, you should make it clear that the Lake is regulated in this way because it is definitely not clear when booking to stay, it's sad two young well behaved kids couldn't do what comes naturally without being bullied and it's no wonder why some kids want to smash things up and be destructive.
Holidays are about having fun Coghurst..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Perama

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park with the Trip Advisor community. There are many positive points within your review that we are thankful to read and it is therefore a great shame that your experience of your holiday was marred in this way when you attempted to fish from the lake. Coghurst Hall is a family holiday park where a community of holiday home owners, guests and the team work together to ensure that the park is the very best it can be. I must apologise that you found this encounter detrimental to your experience; as whilst we encourage a community of mutual assistance, there are guidelines in place that do govern our operation of the fishing lake that must be adhered to by all.

Park Holidays UK welcomes many anglers to it 23 coastal holiday parks and as such there is a dedicated page found on our website that explains the provision for this at each park. There is also a convenient link to this information on the Coghurst Hall holiday park page; it states that fishing is “charged at £8 per day and requires a NRA license”. As part of Coghurst Hall’s ongoing dedication to this provision, a great deal of investment has been made in the addition of safe access for children to enable young people to access these facilities in a safe and educational way, however this must remain with the legal framework set out by the Environment Agency. It remains deeply regrettable that you were not able to enjoy this amenity with your family and that we were not able to advise you that short term licences are available online for a small fee.

It is our fervent hope that this unfortunate experience will not detract from your otherwise good opinion of Park Holidays UK and Coghurst Hall Holiday Park and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to one of our parks in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Me & my lovely boyfriend & lucky our dog we went to coghurst hall hastings for a week we had a lovely sunny days and we love the staff at coghurst hall are every helpful & A guy called mark that help people with disabilities & Mark understands the needs of help and gives advice to you and that is why I give coghurst hall 5 star and we love the entertainment people are very nice &that is why we are coming again next year 2015 and hopefully we will bring dereks mum I hope we can because it will be a lovely break for her from Emma & Derek & lucky

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the lovely review. The team here at Coghurst Hall are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the sun was shining for you! The highest praise we can receive from our guests is that they wish to return for another holiday here and to bring family and friends to share in that enjoyment. We strive to at all times offer an accessible park that caters as such as possible to any additional needs presented by our guests and we will be very pleased to pass on your compliments to Mark the Night Warden. Here at Coghurst Hall we do always strive to exceed guest expectations wherever possible and to offer from our own park and local knowledge, anything which we feel may benefit our guests. Thank you very much for the high praise you have afforded to our staff as they are our best asset and enjoy welcoming all of our guests to the park that we are so proud of. We look forward to welcoming all of you back to Coghurst Hall Holiday Park in 2015 and lets hope that the sun is shining for you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I used a newspaper deal to go here for a stay in a caravan. I paid for an upgrade. the caravan was basic, really basic. And small, really small. There were only two if us, but even so it was a bit like one of those games where you can only move one piece at a time!! I don't think it would have been possible for 4 people to stay. the twin room beds were very narrow, so only suitable for children or very skinny people.

But it was clean, but in need of a bit of TLC. on the plus side everything worked.

I asked if they were sure I'd been upgraded. that seemed to depend on how you had booked, so a silver caravan does not mean it is of a particular standard.

the park is a mixture of holiday lets and residential. Beware of the residents with their home made no parking signs and twitching curtains. There is a lack of parking, even my mid-week school time break meant driving around searching for that elusive space. I dread to think what it is like at weekends or in the school holidays.

the lake part was lovely. alas most most caravans are no-where near. don't let the photos of the complex fool you, you are unlikely to have a lake view!!

the main buildings where the pool and restaurant were had building work going on. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but we were given a variety of vouchers to use on various beers and food, but didn't use them. the bar seemed ok, but there was bingo on early in the evening. i think at peak times they have entertainment, but there wasn't any when we were there in June.

the pool was small, there were 3 adults and two children in it when i used it. again, if the park was full, this would have been a nightmare. the Jacuzzi wasn't working.

you need a car as the site is a few miles from Hastings, but having said that the cab back was about £5. there was no public transport that we found.

I wouldn't go back. 4 nights cost £80 (newspaper offer), booking fee of £2.50 and £15 for linen hire, so a total of £97.50.

Room Tip: you definitely need to upgrade, but I would insist on seeing it first. my upgrade was a con...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim C
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to leave us a review. I can confirm that all our grades are consistent regardless of how you booked your stay with us. The only difference when booking directly through us is that you select your grade of holiday home at the time of booking, as opposed to upgrading later. Our standard bronze, silver and gold caravans are all 10ft wide, I would suggest that a "plus" holiday home would be more suitable for you as they are 12ft wide so generally have more space to enjoy. You must have missed the entertainment as we run a full 7 day & 7 night programme throughout our holiday season between March & November. Our main evening entertainment begins at around 7:45pm - 8pm after Bingo so you may not have been in the complex for it.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I took my 3 year old grandson away for, what I assumed would be, a fun weekend. I was shocked when I arrived to see the shabbiness of the park. But this was not the worst aspect. I was unable to park beside the caravan and had to carry everything up a muddy, dank, dark slope to the caravan. The caravan, though clean, backed onto a field where men with dogs, mostly stocky terriers, came to let them off their leads. I quickly realised that the park was mainly occupied by single men residing in shabby, dilapidated caravans.
Located where I was I felt vulnerable and decidedly unsafe as a woman alone in a caravan with a small child. I could not/would not allow my grandson out to ride his bike and indeed felt so uncomfortable and unsafe that I spent most of the time locked inside my van. I stayed one night,slept little and left after less than 24 hours. This was quite the worst experience I have ever had and would advise anyone with children, in particular, to avoid this place. There seemed little surprise from the staff when I handed back my keys early. Obviously used to it.
The caravan itself was clean enough but both bedrooms at the back were dark and dank with wallpaper hanging off the wall of one. There was no way I could bring myself to sleep in either and I ended up sleeping in the room that was the smallest as it offered the most light.
In summing up the experience..it was like being on the set of a spooky horror movie and I was so happy when I pulled out of the park and got on the road homeward.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Elizabeth C

I am sorry you felt unsafe during your stay here at Coghurst Hall. We aim to provide a safe, relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests. We do have holiday homes located in quieter, private areas in the park and unfortunately it would appear that it did not suit you. We are a family friendly park with a variety of owners and holiday makers alike. Please be assured that if your worries had been reported to our team in reception, I am sure we would have been able to help you feel a lot safer on park and resolved your issues for you. Our park warden does regular patrols in the evenings to ensure there are no disturbances along with our grounds team throughout the day.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for couple days just to relax and thats exactly what we did this is a nice park not what people say there iis not alot for famlies or young couples. It is for older couples but its a nice clean camp and caravans are nice....not alot in hastings for young couples.. It was just to relax and had nice weather too

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you enjoyed your relaxing holiday here at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park and we hope to welcome you here again in the near future. Don't forget to use your "book again" discount

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven
Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Spindlewood Country Holiday Park
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pevensey Bay

Been to Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!