“Delicious”
Review of Undercliffe House

Undercliffe House
Reserve with OpenTable
Undercliffe House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 369 Restaurants in Hastings
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: French, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Far from the madding crowd, under the cliff at the car park end of rock-a-nore road. we are known for our top quality fresh food at reasonable prices. dog & child friendly and fully licensed. free parking available nearby after 6pm.
Northolt, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a really tasty meal - grilled cod, peppered mash and peas. We couldn't finish our meals - generous portions. Really fresh fish, excellent value for money. Excellent and friendly service. Very clean premises - accessible for disabled. On holiday in Hastings and after visiting the aquarium wanted a more healthy meal than the aquarium offered and found this restaurant directly opposite - glad we went in!

• Visited June 2014

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Little gem!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow, what an amazing meal we had, all freshly cooked, beautifully presented and best of all tasted yummy! Service was great and the bill was not too hard on the pocket. We are Holidaying in the area next year and will definitely be coming back to this restaurant!

Visited June 2014
Geneva New York
“Nothing Changed since review “Good Fish but clean up your act””
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The fish dish we ordered at lunchtime today was fresh, well prepared and in short, very good. Also, the latte coffee I ordered was supberb too. Howeever, what let's this restaurant down is their lack of cleanliness. Certainly the decor looked average, the tables were clean as did the kitchen look reasonably clean but the floors were in a terrible state. You simply cannot run a mop around the floor and say it is clean. You have to sweep it and remove the grime around the edges and in the corners as well.

My wife and I were the only two people in the restaurant from the time we arrived at 12 noon until we left an hour later. The service was therefore fine as you would expect from a restaurant with no customers in it.

It took some time to prepare and deliver the food to the table and I agree with the previous reviewer that this restaurant is on the higher side when it comes to the price.

We had a small poached fresh fillet of cod on a bed of mashed potato with a spoonful of frozen garden peas. This alone cost eleven pounds and fifty pence. As I said earlier, this was well prepared and tasted good.

Would I return to give them my custom again? probably not because I think that there are other alternatives as Hastings is full of such small eateries. I wish the owners well but unless they pay better attention to cleanliness, I think they will have a high turnover of customers who like my wife and I, will try it the once and then not go back again.

• Visited April 2014
UK
“Another fabulous lunch!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My lunch on Friday at the Undercliffe was wild king prawns in a garlic and parsley sauce with salad and baguette. A generous portion of prawns which were DELICIOUS and a bargain at £7.50. We had to wait for Andy to go and get some more cod for my friend's lunch, fresh or what! I've always had really good food there, although it's always a leisurely lunch as everything is cooked fresh to order. I'd forgotten how good the food is and can't wait for it to open in the evenings this summer.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Really enjoyed!”
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Went on a really hot day after reading reviews here, food was fresh and really good quality. Also loved the location near the sea and fishing museum. I'm vegetarian and found plenty of options

• Visited August 2012