“Another great Fish n Chip lunch!!”
Review of Undercliffe House

Undercliffe House
Reserve with OpenTable
Undercliffe House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 395 Restaurants in Hastings
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: French, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Far from the madding crowd, under the cliff at the car park end of rock-a-nore road. we are known for our top quality fresh food at reasonable prices. dog & child friendly and fully licensed. free parking available nearby after 6pm.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I love this hidden gem in Hastings and so did my partner Hak and my son Louis ! cooked fresh and worth the wait! My only bad quote would be the tartar sauce does not really taste of much , will still ate it tho!! Any time I am in Hastings I only go there !!! Try it you will not be disappointed I promise

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

What a nice place the service was great and friendly the scones in the cream teas were served warm and with a smile would defiantly recommend

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We parked along the West End of Hastings and walked along looking for somewhere half decent to eat. We had nearly given up when we came across Undercliffe House, Like Robert of Brighton, there was a screaming child but we persevered. Mum very kindly whisked the offending monster out and we settled down to what turned out to be an excellent meal.

Cod and chips x 2, batter and chips were crisp, fish fresh and gently steamed. No frilly bits and pieces, just beautifully cooked, fresh food. I had a decent glass of Sauvignon which was excellent value.

Service was quick and friendly. An elderly lady came in with her niece and the owner even went to the trouble of going across to the fishing huts and purchasing a piece of hake for her. Doesn't get much better than that. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went with friends and was surprised by the quality of the food. From the outside it just looks like the average seaside "caff" but far from it. Two of us had the moules mariniere and they were the best I have ever had and I would include those I had in France. The third in our party had the grilled cod on peppered mash with peas and was equally enthusiastic. It isn't fast food but that isn't what you get when the food is freshly prepared.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Visited back in June ,found this little gem of a place in the heart of the fishing area. Maggie's was full so decided to try Undercliffe and really glad we did. Very clean despite being very close to the roadside. Food was varied in choice and was well presented. Tasted delicious ,fish was fresh and well cooked. Will be back .