“Mixed Views.....”

Bannatyne Spa Hastings
More attraction details
Owner description: In a world increasingly cluttered with noise and stress, stepping into one of our spas where men and women can completely relax and unwind provides the perfect antidote to modern day life. There is no simpler way to treat yourself than at The Bannatyne Spa. Our spacious therapy rooms provide a calm and relaxing environment in which to completely unwind, you can enjoy a choice of a wide range of treatments including; massages, facials, manicures and more. Set within our state of the art Bannatyne Health Clubs, the Spa is just one area dedicated to your wellbeing.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Mixed Views.....”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I have mixed views about my Spa Day at Bannatyne's Hastings. I brought a voucher online as a gift for a friend and it was quite difficult to transfer this to a booking - I thought you would be able to do this online but instead I had to ring a general number (not direct to the spa) and was on hold for approximately 15mins before anyone spoke to me. At this point when I told them the day I wanted to book for (at least 2 mths ahead) I was told the only time left for treatments was 10am - we had wanted our treatments at the end of the day.
On arrival at the spa, the lady who greeted us was very helpful and informative about the spa and facilities. We were then asked if we wanted to "hire" robes and slippers, all other spa's I have used have given you these complimentary. We hired them and went to get changed - unfortunately the robes seem to be one size fits all (small!)!!
Our treatments were good; my therapist did not speak other than to give her name and confirm my treatments. When I commented on something that smelt nice she told me what it was, but it was a little uncomfortable in complete silence. My friend's therapist was more chatty to her.
The relaxation room was good with the heated beds...but there are only 6 beds and at one point there were 12 people in the room waiting for treatments.....
The outdoor hot tubs and sunbed area was lovely - we enjoyed half an hour on the sunbed before lunch and went back after lunch to use the hot tubs and then lay in the sun to dry off...but no. A group of "ladies" had put their towels and bags across all the beds, were nowhere insight - I think they had gone for treatments - and "reserved" the sunbeds all afternoon. There was no-one around to speak to about this and it was unfair on all the other guests who had paid for a spa day and could not use this outside area.
Also I found it strange that there were no toiletries, except shower gel, in the changing room area. At other spas I have been to there were all sorts of toiletries available. I guess this is the difference of going to a spa or going to a gym/health club that has spa facilities.
All in all we enjoyed our day and treatments, just a shame that some areas are not monitored to stop people being selfish.

Visited July 2012

Didcot
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent facilities, helpful friendly staff”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I can highly recommend an Elemis facial and relaxation on the heated beds. The outdoor hot tubs are a real treat too!

Visited June 2012
Hastings, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“NOT ACCEPTABLE and UNREASONABLE”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

VERY DISAPPOINTED...... !!!!!!!

DO NOT book a spa voucher from this Bannatynes Hastings hotel/gym, they are very unreasonable when it comes to cancelling and re-booking, especially when it is for a medical reason at no fault of your own!!! BEWARE of calling the head office [-] the call rates are high, and you are put on hold for ages! If you speak with someone get their name, because when you call back they lie and say you didnt call at all and no one knows anything about it!!!! Especially the head office manager Natalie.

I have recently been to other spas/health clinics in Hastings with a better personal service, who actually care about their customers and reputation, and even though they also have a cancellation policy, they appeciate their customers and offer that extra service when you need it!!

DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SPA TO ANYONE (If you can call it a spa!?.. couple of rooms and hairdressing inside a gym!!!)

My advice:- go somewhere else that specialises in spa treatments only, you will get a better personal experience especially if you need them to adapt to your needs either it being to cancel, or to re-book.

Thank you for taking the time to read the review, its a shame the companies like this let you down and you have to write these things.

20 Thank ClaireGam