All reviews spanish guy good size every movement worth staying here sea front chain hotel thin walls off road parking basic hotel rooms are comfortable st leonards only stayed one night no lift an overnight stay set us up for the day cooked breakfast train station
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Although a little way from Hastings, this hotel is in a great location, a short walk away from the seafront, and within easy walking distance of St. Leonard’s Warrior Square train station. There is also a bus stop right outside the door with buses into Hastings if the walk is a bit too far.

I stayed here for a week whilst visiting family in the area. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially the owner/manager, who looked after me well throughout my stay.

My room was spacious and comfortable, and was kept spotlessly clean throughout my stay.
I was in a room at the front, overlooking the road, but wasn't disturbed at all by traffic noise, and thick curtains kept out the bright sunlight until I was ready to get up!

Breakfast was excellent, with a very good selection on offer, and available from 7am to 10am, so no pressure to hurry in the mornings.
There were no restrictions on the time I could come in, either, so although I came back early most evenings, this was good to know.

Overall, a really good stay.

If you travel here by car, there is on site parking. If not, then note that the hotel is up a hill (but with a handy bus stop outside the door, so this shouldn't be a problem).

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank NUTMEG52
Eagle H, General Manager at Eagle House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stayed one night in Hastings. The hotel is not located in the best location in the city, although as it is a seaside location, I am not sure if there is a better area in Hastings. The room was older and had a nice view of the back of the property. The room was a good size but needed upgrading as did the bathroom. We did eat supper in their dining room along with a full breakfast. The supper was very good as was the breakfast. The dining area was quite modern and clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in #18 and had a nice view to the back of the property, however, the room needed to be upgraded and as a result only rated it a 3
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome your comments. The hotel is about to undergo complete refurbishment to all the bedrooms and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

There is something strange about this hotel as some people are having a marvellous time based on the reviews. But my experience was finding a hotel run by a grumpy man a lot of alterations in the common areas are incomplete.The common areas are not clear and my room (No 11) was also not clean, marks on the paint work, curtains that don't fit the window, a door that did make you wonder if you were safe while you sleep ( the original door has been removed and replaced by a plywood board),huge amounts of dust on the headboard and lamp shades. A less than impressive breakfast all for GBP 85.00. Very poor value for money. I would recommend do not stay here.

Room Tip: don't get Room 11
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kirsty P
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Great location, Staff always happy and friendly.Definitely recommend a visit here.Its close to sea front, In house restaurant and bar serving good food. Good parking free wifi. Family run hotel to a high standard by the manager Paul who is always friendly and helpful

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We stayed here for the August bank holiday with our grandchildren, family room is great,1 double bed and a single bed with a connecting door to the smaller room with bunk beds, room is lovely and clean.
Hotel itself is beautifully decorated. Breakfast could not be faulted and the staff could not do enough for you.
Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family