All reviewsspanish guygood sizeevery movementworth staying heresea frontchain hotelthin wallsoff road parkingbasic hotelrooms are comfortablest leonardsonly stayed one nightno liftan overnight stayset us up for the daycooked breakfasttrain station
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Although we only stayed one night, we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were very clean and tidy and breakfast was superb. The hotel was not too far from the
seafront and we had lovely walk with the children.

Room Tip: If you like the old worldy type of rooms this is for you
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sheila f
Eagle H, General Manager at Eagle House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and thought it was a lovely little hotel. The staff were friendly and Paul really did try his best after we realised that the booking website stated they accept Amex ( my company card) but in fact they don't! Luckily I was still able to pay for it and the details have been amended on the site now!
The room was really nice with a great view over the garden. I had a superior room and it showed.
The only let down was that the wifi was only in the bar/ restaurant. I survived though!
The food was great and well presented, the dining room is beautiful!
There is free parking and the location isn't too bad. It is right on top of a very steep hill though so easy to get down to the sea front but awful to get back up!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, we take all our guests comments very seriously and are constantly finding ways to improve our Wifi situation in the rooms, we are about to undergo a complete refurbishment to all our bedrooms to match the standard of our superior rooms and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Although a little way from Hastings, this hotel is in a great location, a short walk away from the seafront, and within easy walking distance of St. Leonard’s Warrior Square train station. There is also a bus stop right outside the door with buses into Hastings if the walk is a bit too far.

I stayed here for a week whilst visiting family in the area. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially the owner/manager, who looked after me well throughout my stay.

My room was spacious and comfortable, and was kept spotlessly clean throughout my stay.
I was in a room at the front, overlooking the road, but wasn't disturbed at all by traffic noise, and thick curtains kept out the bright sunlight until I was ready to get up!

Breakfast was excellent, with a very good selection on offer, and available from 7am to 10am, so no pressure to hurry in the mornings.
There were no restrictions on the time I could come in, either, so although I came back early most evenings, this was good to know.

Overall, a really good stay.

If you travel here by car, there is on site parking. If not, then note that the hotel is up a hill (but with a handy bus stop outside the door, so this shouldn't be a problem).

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank NUTMEG52

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We stayed one night in Hastings. The hotel is not located in the best location in the city, although as it is a seaside location, I am not sure if there is a better area in Hastings. The room was older and had a nice view of the back of the property. The room was a good size but needed upgrading as did the bathroom. We did eat supper in their dining room along with a full breakfast. The supper was very good as was the breakfast. The dining area was quite modern and clean.

Room Tip: We stayed in #18 and had a nice view to the back of the property, however, the room needed to be upgraded and as a result only rated it a 3
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome your comments. The hotel is about to undergo complete refurbishment to all the bedrooms and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

There is something strange about this hotel as some people are having a marvellous time based on the reviews. But my experience was finding a hotel run by a grumpy man a lot of alterations in the common areas are incomplete.The common areas are not clear and my room (No 11) was also not clean, marks on the paint work, curtains that don't fit the window, a door that did make you wonder if you were safe while you sleep ( the original door has been removed and replaced by a plywood board),huge amounts of dust on the headboard and lamp shades. A less than impressive breakfast all for GBP 85.00. Very poor value for money. I would recommend do not stay here.

Room Tip: don't get Room 11
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends