All reviewsspanish guygood sizeevery movementworth staying heresea frontchain hotelthin wallsoff road parkingbasic hotelrooms are comfortablest leonardsonly stayed one nightno liftan overnight stayset us up for the daycooked breakfasttrain station
Reviewed 22 December 2015

We stayed for one night at this hotel. It was a great location for us as my sister has recently moved into a property just around the corner. That said though the hotel is literally a 2/3 minute walk to the sea front and no more than 10 minutes to the White Rock Theatre. The rooms were fine - clean and tidy although not bang up to the minute in terms of decor - although the Restaurant, Reception and Bar were much more contemporary and modern. Our room rate included breakfast. It wasn't a massive buffet but you did have a choice of cereals and fruit juices and a freshly cooked hot breakfast (including full english). All-in-all good value for money and just what we wanted.

Stayed: December 2015
Eagle H, General Manager at Eagle House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware our bedrooms are in need of updating and they are due to be refurbished within the next few months. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

Bedroom & Bathroom good size. Bed clean and comfortable. Cleaning could be better, black fluffy bits left on carpet presumably from the previous guests. Toilet not fixed to the floor properly, shower cubicle had too much limescale but shower pressure and water temperature excellent. Cobwebs on chandelier in bedroom.
Staff very helpful and breakfast excellent. Overall a pleasant stay but let down by the little things mentioned above.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guests feedback and comments very seriously and we are aware that our bedrooms are in need of updating. We are about to start a complete refurbishment to all our bedrooms and we hope you will consider our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Although we only stayed one night, we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were very clean and tidy and breakfast was superb. The hotel was not too far from the
seafront and we had lovely walk with the children.

Room Tip: If you like the old worldy type of rooms this is for you
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sheila f

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and thought it was a lovely little hotel. The staff were friendly and Paul really did try his best after we realised that the booking website stated they accept Amex ( my company card) but in fact they don't! Luckily I was still able to pay for it and the details have been amended on the site now!
The room was really nice with a great view over the garden. I had a superior room and it showed.
The only let down was that the wifi was only in the bar/ restaurant. I survived though!
The food was great and well presented, the dining room is beautiful!
There is free parking and the location isn't too bad. It is right on top of a very steep hill though so easy to get down to the sea front but awful to get back up!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, we take all our guests comments very seriously and are constantly finding ways to improve our Wifi situation in the rooms, we are about to undergo a complete refurbishment to all our bedrooms to match the standard of our superior rooms and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Although a little way from Hastings, this hotel is in a great location, a short walk away from the seafront, and within easy walking distance of St. Leonard’s Warrior Square train station. There is also a bus stop right outside the door with buses into Hastings if the walk is a bit too far.

I stayed here for a week whilst visiting family in the area. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially the owner/manager, who looked after me well throughout my stay.

My room was spacious and comfortable, and was kept spotlessly clean throughout my stay.
I was in a room at the front, overlooking the road, but wasn't disturbed at all by traffic noise, and thick curtains kept out the bright sunlight until I was ready to get up!

Breakfast was excellent, with a very good selection on offer, and available from 7am to 10am, so no pressure to hurry in the mornings.
There were no restrictions on the time I could come in, either, so although I came back early most evenings, this was good to know.

Overall, a really good stay.

If you travel here by car, there is on site parking. If not, then note that the hotel is up a hill (but with a handy bus stop outside the door, so this shouldn't be a problem).

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo