All reviewsspanish guygood sizeevery movementworth staying heresea frontchain hotelthin wallsoff road parkingbasic hotelrooms are comfortablest leonardsonly stayed one nightno liftan overnight stayset us up for the daycooked breakfasttrain station
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here to do a wine tour at Carr Taylor vineyard. The staff are brilliant and the public areas very good having been recently developed. Bedrooms were clean but very basic (the sort of thing you would have expected from a b&b not a hotel). Also the shower was a bit broken and the pipes in the roof clicked for about 20 mins in the night for 2 times waking me and my wife up. There were no wardrobes but a small amount of hanging space.

Breakfast is cheap but I would have rather paid a bit more and had an edible sausage.

Location is great about 5 mins from the seafront and about 15 mins walk from Hastings centre.

Overall an ok hotel which needs a few tweaks but is over priced. £50 would be nearer the mark in current format.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip W
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well located in hasting and about 10 mins walk from the beach. Upon arrive to the hotel you will find free parking off road. The hotel looks clean and tidy and rooms are comfortable. The breakfast in the morning wasn't the best that l have had, it was basic! I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We arrived for a quick overnight visit for the Hastings Half Marathon. The restaurant was closed on the Saturday night, and despite advertising that wifi was available, it didn't work in our rooms (nor our friends' room who were also staying there). I sat in the 'cocktail bar' area to check out some work on my laptop and still found the wifi access very slow and dodgy.
That was disappointing as we had overlooked a chain hotel we'd previously stayed at several times in Hastings in order to support a local business.
What was good was the breakfast the next day. It arrived swiftly and the server couldn't have been more accommodating. But wifi is an absolute minimum these days for many travellers and overshadowed the clean, neat and functional rooms. A little characterless as well, and you feel you are going down to the bowels of the building if you go down to the bottom level.

Room Tip: Don't book here if wifi is an essential part of your travel requirements
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 27 February 2017

booked into the hotel for an over night stay booked 2 double rooms, our room was clean and looked like it had just been updated my husband didnt like not having a carpet on the floor as it was cold to walk on the bathroom was ok, the tiles in the shower where broken and a lot of mildew ,my sons bedroom was much different very dated and the bathroom he said you could swing a cat in,the bed was comfy so it was ok for a night stay but i did think it was a bit expensive as my brother went to a different hotel that had a swimming pool and a spa and only cost £60 for a double room, our breakfast was good nicely cooked and the staff were very friendly ,also good car parking ..

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Monique B
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

So my partner and our friend booked two rooms within the hotel for a quick one night stay because we were meeting friends for dinner in Hastings. We travelled down from Scotland and arrived around lunchtime. Once we checked in, we descended into a dark corridor to our room. We were told that this was 'a working process' and that the lights would be fixed soon which is fair enough as I appreciate that trying to keep on top of maintenance would be a bit of a headache.

The room was basic, clean and had a bathroom to the side although a little cold. Getting ready, I jumped into the shower to wash and condition my hair only to find the shower running cold. My partner went up to reception to find out what the problem was only to be told that the water boiler had 'just stopped working'. Too late for me, as I already had conditioner on my hair and a cold shower never killed anyone.

The next morning, we went up to the main dining room at 10:02 am to be told that were too late to have breakfast. The chef was downright arrogant and rude.

My overall experience or my friends wasn't particularly nice, we found the staff in the hotel during our stay weren't particularly helpful. Maybe they were just having a bad day? As other review have said they have had a good experience? I wouldn't say customer service is their strong point at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends