All reviewsspanish guygood sizeevery movementworth staying heresea frontchain hotelthin wallsoff road parkingbasic hotelrooms are comfortablest leonardsonly stayed one nightno liftan overnight stayset us up for the daycooked breakfasttrain station
Reviewed 16 October 2017

stayed here for 1 night with a room on the top floor which was quite. Parking was ok and reception was fine.
The wi fi was slow but had a signal in the room but it was only supposed to work in the public areas. Room was ok. The best thing was breakfast which was excellent. We had a drink from the night porter and the wine tasted as it had been open for a good few days

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days in September, looks good on the internet, in fact looks quite good downstairs, bright and modern. The downside is the rooms, very cheap looking furniture, bed was dreadful (stayed in a twin room), metal springs biting into my back, painful on my side even. Very noisy at night, doors slamming, paper thin walls. Room was large and had a nice view over the garden though. Mature chap on reception who checked me in gave me a topper mattress on request so thumbs up to him.
Breakfast is good.
Area is dark at night, littered and up a steep hill quite far from the sea, I tired myself out walking to the old town which very far away and by far the best part of Hastings.
My Wife stayed for two nights and thought the place was ok. I'm not normally fussy, but it was a soulless and uncomfortable place to stay although tolerable. Not ideal for a holiday.

Room Tip: Expect rear rooms are better/Garden view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sculpturedad
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a Saturday night for a last minute getaway and this was pretty much the only hotel available so we thought we would give it a go.

At first I was impressed, the receptionist greeted us and led us to the room. We only stayed for a short while as we went out to the town.

It went downhill when we returned from
Dinner, we were greeted with an icy stare from the night porter who didn't welcome us and there was no bar staff to have a night cap. Me and my husband felt so uncomfortable we went back to our room.

That night was probably one of the worst sleeps I have ever had, the bed had no support and it sunk in the middle - it really needs to be replaced.

The breakfast was a saving grace as it was really filling and there was plenty of choice, it took me out of my bad mood from lack of sleep.

Location and breakfast is what saves this place, but for the price we paid I would have expected a lot more from the facilities in the room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights during the school holiday and I was pleasantly surprised with what we found. Good clean hotel. Friendly staff and the breakfast was better than expected. Certainly set us up for the day. Kid friendly.

The bedroom was a good size and a separate bunk room for the kids. Mattresses need updating as not that comfy to get a good night sleep. One downside to the room was the bathroom. It was ok but has seem better days!

Location was good for us as an active family but the hotel is situated up quite a hill. Parking in right outside the hotel and off road too. We all took push along scooters so once down on the promenade the scooters were great to get to the old town. If you don't want scooters there is a bus stop right outside the hotel that takes you straight into Hastings and the old town.

All in all a good hotel for the money, family friendly and good location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated halfway up the hill from Hastings seafront where there are a few eateries. The hotel itself is in need of updating, though efforts have been made with card entry door system. The room was not en suite with the bathroom on another floor which is a pain. Breakfast was excellent, great ingredients and well cooked. Overall, not bad for the price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business