All reviewsspanish guygood sizeevery movementworth staying heresea frontchain hotelthin wallsoff road parkingbasic hotelrooms are comfortablest leonardsonly stayed one nightno liftan overnight stayset us up for the daycooked breakfasttrain station
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Took a group of friends here after a local event. Only one barman on duty so service was very very slow. We had booked so we were a bit disappointed. But it’s a nice play to stay. Many of our event people stayed two nights and loved it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank streakey
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

It is unfortunate that I must write a poor review about this hotel.the staff are very good and very polite and helpful, the food is very good, but when a hotel boasts a bar and they run out of bottled beer and draught beer with no more ordered it's not good, it meant to have a drink with out meal we had to eat out which is a shame as the food at the hotel is good. We had to change rooms for my parents because of the black mould around the windows & shower room, and the mould in the shower room , which also had a shower that didn't work. we had a power shower in our room that also didn't work on the power side. On the 3rd day our room wasn't cleaned & beds not made. For a £100 a night it's very expensive for things that either don't work, aren't done, or that have run out. It's a shame as the staff are really good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Montecristo52014
Reviewed 19 October 2017

At the top of a steep hill from the seafront, the hotel looks good from the outside. Reception, bar, and dining room look very nice, recently refurbished I would think. Arrived on a Sunday NO evening meals available!! Breakfast was very good, plenty of it and hot. Had evening meals twice in the hotel which were very good and again plenty of it and hot. Room basic hotel standard, net curtains could do with washing/replacing. Bed was quite firm but creaked with every movement. Room and bathroom clean but used look to both. Typical Victorian hotel, thin walls, creaky floorboards. Very little noise after about 10pm while we were there. Staff all polite cheerful and willing. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

stayed here for 1 night with a room on the top floor which was quite. Parking was ok and reception was fine.
The wi fi was slow but had a signal in the room but it was only supposed to work in the public areas. Room was ok. The best thing was breakfast which was excellent. We had a drink from the night porter and the wine tasted as it had been open for a good few days

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed at this hotel for 4 days in September, looks good on the internet, in fact looks quite good downstairs, bright and modern. The downside is the rooms, very cheap looking furniture, bed was dreadful (stayed in a twin room), metal springs biting into my back, painful on my side even. Very noisy at night, doors slamming, paper thin walls. Room was large and had a nice view over the garden though. Mature chap on reception who checked me in gave me a topper mattress on request so thumbs up to him.
Breakfast is good.
Area is dark at night, littered and up a steep hill quite far from the sea, I tired myself out walking to the old town which very far away and by far the best part of Hastings.
My Wife stayed for two nights and thought the place was ok. I'm not normally fussy, but it was a soulless and uncomfortable place to stay although tolerable. Not ideal for a holiday.

Room Tip: Expect rear rooms are better/Garden view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple