“wonderful”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are local and we have been meaning to go for sometime and we are glad we did .fabulous food ,great service ,great atmosphere ,thankyou you all

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my second outing to Cafe Maroc and this time we sat in the cafe side rather than the shop (this pleased my husband as it avoided me going home with jewellery I had spotted whilst eating!), I went with girlfriends for a long overdue catch-up. Service by the young lady whose name I unfortunately didn't catch, was very friendly. It was busy and she did apologise for not paying us as much attention as she would have liked, however to us it was perfect - it gave us time to eat in an unhurried fashion whilst having a good chat. Two of us had harissa prawns to start - delicious - and the other had a kebab dish, followed by chicken and spinach, and lamb and almond tagines. Both were spot on. My friends had dessert, I was full and that plus a soft drink and service came in at a little over £20 each. What a bargain.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and our friends visited cafe maroc for an early dinner before the theatre and had a truly incredible dinner date. The service was excellent and we were looked after well. The food impeccable,my friend said it was the best lamb she'd ever eaten! We all had a selection of the tajine meals and were not disappointed. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we can't wait to go back. Fabulous service,fabulous food and generally and fabulous evening.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were taken by friends who built up our expectations all the way there to this extraordinary restaurant . On arrival it is somewhat unprepossesing being comfortably small and part of a shop in the Old Town. However the welcome could not have been warmer, I assume by the owner, and he gave us a full description of all the options on offer which were as the name of the restaurant suggests north African in origin. Not a large menu but a wide variety of courses to suit nearly all tastes. All the food is freshly prepared and the aromas were making our mouths water in anticipation. To start we shared a mezze which was fresh, delicious and ample. Main courses were tagines for all of us we could not fault the tenderness of the meats, the seasoning or the quality of the cous cous. Brilliant! Desserts were traditional and also delicious.

Overall a very enjoyable meal, but please do not expect linen tablecloths, silver service and a huge choice. No licence so they charge corkage, just like the original bistros, but including really friendly and helpful staff and good well prepared food..

1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Have enjoyed each visit here, really pleasant surroundings too, normally havea table in the shop, which is fun too. Last time we tried their take on Shakshuka and it was absolutely delicious! I normally always like to start with either olives and pitta or their homemade hummous, really hearty and wholesome. Even better you can take your own wine along, so the cost of the evening never breaks the bank and always very friendly welcoming service.