“Simply the best home cooked Moroccan you'll ever taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Maroc

Cafe Maroc
Ranked #47 of 356 Restaurants in Hastings
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Simply the best home cooked Moroccan you'll ever taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Every time I go the food is simply superb. In fact every person I've talked to about this place says the same. The tagines are the stuff of taste bud legend! The lamb is cooked to melt in the mouth perfection. Portion sizes are generous. Starter wise the goats cheese and honey is fab. We always have a mixed starter so we get a bit of everything...wouldn't want to miss out on a thing! It's BYO...brilliant. The owners and cooks are delightful and couldn't do enough to make you feel welcome. They even opened the restaurant on a night they were normally closed so we could have a family gathering....that's how welcoming and accommodating they are.
Price wise it's so reasonable you'll think they have added up the bill wrong.
One more thing...Shop by day and eatery by night it does mean you can browse around trying on jewellery while you wait to eat...brilliant!!

• Visited May 2014

Hastings, United Kingdom
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are local and we have been meaning to go for sometime and we are glad we did .fabulous food ,great service ,great atmosphere ,thankyou you all

• Visited May 2014
East Sussex
“Second visit, not disappointed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This was my second outing to Cafe Maroc and this time we sat in the cafe side rather than the shop (this pleased my husband as it avoided me going home with jewellery I had spotted whilst eating!), I went with girlfriends for a long overdue catch-up. Service by the young lady whose name I unfortunately didn't catch, was very friendly. It was busy and she did apologise for not paying us as much attention as she would have liked, however to us it was perfect - it gave us time to eat in an unhurried fashion whilst having a good chat. Two of us had harissa prawns to start - delicious - and the other had a kebab dish, followed by chicken and spinach, and lamb and almond tagines. Both were spot on. My friends had dessert, I was full and that plus a soft drink and service came in at a little over £20 each. What a bargain.

• Visited April 2014
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and our friends visited cafe maroc for an early dinner before the theatre and had a truly incredible dinner date. The service was excellent and we were looked after well. The food impeccable,my friend said it was the best lamb she'd ever eaten! We all had a selection of the tajine meals and were not disappointed. I would highly recommend this restaurant and we can't wait to go back. Fabulous service,fabulous food and generally and fabulous evening.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A truly unique and wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were taken by friends who built up our expectations all the way there to this extraordinary restaurant . On arrival it is somewhat unprepossesing being comfortably small and part of a shop in the Old Town. However the welcome could not have been warmer, I assume by the owner, and he gave us a full description of all the options on offer which were as the name of the restaurant suggests north African in origin. Not a large menu but a wide variety of courses to suit nearly all tastes. All the food is freshly prepared and the aromas were making our mouths water in anticipation. To start we shared a mezze which was fresh, delicious and ample. Main courses were tagines for all of us we could not fault the tenderness of the meats, the seasoning or the quality of the cous cous. Brilliant! Desserts were traditional and also delicious.

Overall a very enjoyable meal, but please do not expect linen tablecloths, silver service and a huge choice. No licence so they charge corkage, just like the original bistros, but including really friendly and helpful staff and good well prepared food..

• Visited April 2014