“Great food and Great Service”

Boulevard Bookshop and Thai Cafe
Ranked #26 of 370 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and Great Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went to the Thai Bookshop last night with a party of 8.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is relaxed and unique. The food was truly tasty, they make the best spring rolls and the mains were all superb. Our whole party was really happy with the food. Good value for money (two course meal is £13 pp)

The service was also great, our waitress (a young girl) knew everything about the menu, asked us how we wanted our food (mild/medium etc) and when not sure about an ingredient, found out from the chefs.

One of our party was allergic to coconut flesh, and this was dealt with in a comprehensive manner, advising on which dishes do not contain coconut milk (as this is made from the flesh) or coconut flesh to our friend's satisfaction.

They also happily made provisions for us as we had brought a cake as part of our celebrations.

BYOB and relax, knowing you and your meal will be taken care of.

I am not a huge fan of Thai food, but the Thai bookshop certainly has a fan in me.

Fantastic!

• Visited June 2014

“One of the best meals I have ever had”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I can usually find fault in things, and food is no exception. I must say that the two times I have been to the Thai Bookshop (as its known locally), I have had probably two of the best meals I have ever had. I will just say this now; I hate Thai food too.

The only thing I would say is that the starter portions (dependent on what you get) are small, but that's only because the food is so good, that you want more. This place is fantastic, bring your own booze, sit amongst books (you can buy the books too), intimate setting, home-style cooked Thai food, great service, friendly owners. Brilliant.

1 Thank rgrogers42
Battle, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Little Gem to celebrate our daughter and son in laws 5 Wedding Anniversary !!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Perfect meal at this wonderful restaurant all the food was fresh and prepared to order
We found the atmosphere so very peaceful and relaxed and the waitress was first class
we also loved the way the chef came to our table,and asked if we had enjoyed our meal!!
Attention to detail was just fab,can't wait to return to this little gem

East Sussex
“Something Different”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Not much to say except best and most authentic Thai food I've had in UK. Wonderfully fresh and cooked to order. Nothing too much trouble. Bookshop provides an interesting backdrop for this lovely food. Macaroons very special.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“The best ever Thai restaurant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Amazing Thai food. The Chef came out to ask us if we enjoyed our food. What could we say, "the best Thai food we have eaten outside of Thailand", Really wanted to keep this amazing find a secret. Cannot praise the food or service enough. Waitress was really superb. WONDERFUL!!

• Visited May 2014