“Basic but pleasant” 3 of 5 bubbles

Life Boat Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 351 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
“Basic but pleasant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stopped off here after a sunday stroll and bought fish and chips. Quality of fish in Hastings is always good and this was no exception.

Visited May 2014

hastings
“superb traditional fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I can't believe I've never tried this fish and chip shop before, so tucked away it doesn't look anything worth delving into BUT my god what a treat I have been missing out on. These really were fantastic,delicious, non-greasy, delicate batter, fresh fish that I have ever for a long long time.
really a take away with a few tables in and out but so worth stopping for. Ive given it excellent for atmosphere because it isn't trying to be anything other than a dam good traditional fish and chip show and should be applauded for that, nothing fancy but good.

• Visited June 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent fish and chips but this ain't no restaurant !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Visiting Hastings for the first time this place was recommended to us by one of the locals. Lets get the bad bit over first - this is not a restaurant - a few tables crammed into a quarter of a chip shop does not make it a restaurant. This is a take away fish and chip shop stroke cafe at best. All that being said the staff were friendly and the fish and chips were excellent. The portions were large, tasty and delicious. A customer told us that she came down from London every Friday especially to have her fish and chips from this shop and I can believe her. I was also told that the owners have had the shop over fifty years which proves how good the food is. Bottom line is if you want to eat at a proper fish and chip restaurant go elsewhere but if you want really good fish and chips and don't mind keeping your arms in whilst eating in fear of getting your fork up your nose (as you will be sitting very very close to someone) this is the place to go. I must admit I prefer the latter every time. I gave them a tip when I paid the bill and I wish them well - I just think that it is a shame that they don't have a proper restaurant !

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Really Good Fish n Chips..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were lucky to have a table as it was busy - always a good sign - and I'm glad we chose the Lighthouse. Excellent Fish and Chips, crispy batter and well made chips. It will be my first choice next time..

• Visited May 2014
Hastings, United Kingdom
“As good as I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just bought cod and chips, driven to the Stade car park and ate them. I've lived in Hastings all my life and eaten fish & chips everywhere and I can tell you these are as good as they get. Try them, you won't be disappointed.