“Good Lunchtime Restaurant in Hastings.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ADA-Turkish Barbeque & Meze Bar

ADA-Turkish Barbeque & Meze Bar
Ranked #106 of 351 Restaurants in Hastings
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Barbecue and meze bar.
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Good Lunchtime Restaurant in Hastings.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I went on a lunchtime to this restaurant. There is an open cooking area where all the food is cooked in front of you which I thought was great. There were two options a reduced menu for £6.95 or the full menu where a main course was about £12. My wife went for the cheaper menu and I went for the more expensive one.

The meals were very good. Hummus and prawns to start with some olives, the cheaper menu of the hummus was the best. The three prawns were very large and tasty but the bread and hummus won it. The main course of chicken from the cheaper menu was almost as good as the full menu poussin. Both were served with cracked wheat and salad. I have attached photos.

We drank diet coke which was fine and had the option of water if we wanted it. The restaurant is clean and tidy and the staff very friendly. The only downside was the staff didn't really know much about the menu, having to go off and ask each time, and a bit slow dealing with payment. In Hastings, when you are on a meter, this isn't great!

I would recommend this restaurant from my first experience of it and I'll definitely be going again!

• Visited May 2013

Rye, England, United Kingdom
“Not what I was led to expect.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Had been told this was a good restaurant, but was disappointed.
Hastings has been quite good for us up until now, the service was good but very slow, hour and 15 minutes between starter and main meal is unacceptable. Especially considering it was only a third occupied. I had the king prawn starter, at £4.40 I expected a little more than two prawns, they were a good size, but really two prawns?

This was followed by the lamb Ada bazaar kebab, two skewers of lamb cubes on a thin layer of bulger wheat and some sort of mixed chopped salad and a chilli. The special Ada sauce was drizzled around the plate and I could barely taste it. This did not fill me up at all.

The staff pleasant and it is a nice looking restuarant, with a disconcerting full lenght mirror in the toilet.

Our guest were also not impressed with the food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bromley, United Kingdom
“lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

Ate here Saturday night and was lovely! they bring u out some bread to start with with a couple of dips very nice then we chose a meze to share for a starter which consisted of three cold and three hot dishes all very nice!
Then I had the lamb shish for main and my boyfriend had the mixed kebab both were delicious generous portions and very tasty!!
The service if anything is maybe just a tiny bit slow as never seem to have may staff work there but that just a minor niggle!!
The only problem we found sat was it was really cold were we were sitting not sure whether it was because it was by a window or the whole restaurant was cold!
But we would def return its great value for money lovely fresh cooked food and plentiful!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jems21
Corralejo, Spain
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I don't know how Ada does such delicious food for such reasonable prices. And it is cooked in front of you, which means the restaurant is always warm. Love it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MysteriesH
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“ADA in Bexhill - delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We had dinner on Saturday 23rd February at ADA in Bexhill, and it was delicious. The complimentary little dips with bread at the beginning of the meal were so tasty, which we followed with a mixed meze starter (3 hot and 3 cold items), and then lamb-based mains. We also had turkish desserts, which were so sweet and tasty. It was all excellent food, the service was friendly, and we definitely plan to eat at ADA the next time we are in Bexhill!

Visited February 2013