“Friendly Service & Lovely Food”

ADA-Turkish Barbeque & Meze Bar
Ranked #104 of 394 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Barbecue and meze bar.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were in a bit of a hurry when we dropped in here for dinner. Front of house very attentive and helpful. Mixed starter was excellent and the mains well prepared and tasty. Very good value wines are most drinkable. All rather pleasent and shall go again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We love turkish food. We went to have lunch there with our two children. The restaurant was almost empty. We waited for over an hour to get our food. We saw when they put our chicken skewer on - about 45 min after we ordered our meal! (The grill is in the front of the restaurant).

We were about to cancel our order when they brought the food (after we kept on asking for it). In the end the waiter told us he has taken our starters off the bill as "a compensation". When we checked the bill (written with a pen on a piece of paper) we could see how he deducted one started but added £2.99 to the price of each main meal trying to fool us!! It was very frustrating as we knew how much our meal was going to cost and he even changed the price with the pen on top of the real price.

Overall, average food, poor service, the portions are quite big, easy shared between 2 people.

Wouldn't go back!!!!

1  Thank Aus-mex
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We visited ADA for my friends birthday in a group of four ladies. This place come highly recommended so we decided to book here for our night out . I think if you go there in a couple or mixed group you will receive a better service than we did . We wasn't made welcome at all and although the food was great the service we received let the whole evening down . After our main course and our plates were cleared we were left sitting for 45 mins with no service . Not asked whether we wanted any more to drink or offered a dessert menu yet every other table ( which happened to be couples or mixed groups ) had a very attentive service all evening . We just got the clear impression that is four ladies were not very welcome ( just to clarify we were not rude , noisy or loud ) In the end one of us had to go to the bar and ask for the bill and say we had chosen to leave as we felt as though we were being ignored .Overall the evening was not what we hoped and to be honest put a dampner on my friends birthday celebrations ... We are by no means fussy or picky customers but we were all under the same impression our custom that night wasn't really wanted . We will not be visiting again which is a shame as the food is great ... Service terrible !

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Monday evening and hesitated as we were going to be the only customers but we were made welcome, served delicious food and had good friendly service, we asked about the dishes and were given information by their enthusiastic and helpful chef. We really enjoyed our meal, had two courses and were stuffed full! Delicious.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I went to the Bexhill restaurant tonight just for a pre show meal. I must be honest I was underwhelmed. The starter, I had Cacik, was grim, and looked like it was straight out of a container, in no way shape or form was it freshly made. Presentation wise, just poured onto a plate and had two lettuce leaves chucked on to garnish.

My wife had the Haloumi, I didn't think that it looked too appetising and in all honesty looked as though it had just been reheated.

The mains I must say were lovely. The Adana Iskender was beautiful as apparently the pizza thingy the wife had.

Service wasn't to attentive, Decor nice and modern. But, all in all a bit of a let down.

I have read mixed reviews on here about quality of food, and I must say I have never heard a bad word about the Hastings one. But, unfortunately it was only ok and nothing more.