“Disappointingly inconsistent.”

ADA-Turkish Barbeque & Meze Bar
Ranked #120 of 366 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Barbecue and meze bar.
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Disappointingly inconsistent.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The husband & I went for a meal which was delicious. Service was excellent, the food lovely & portions were good for the prices charged. We enjoyed it so much we raved to my mum & took her for a late lunch 2 weeks later. Frankly, it was embarrassing. We waited around 20 minutes for service with an additional 30 while we waited for our food. The orders we placed stated they came with bulger wheat, bread & salad (& was what we'd had on out 1st visit). Instead we had no bread, no dips & the meal came with some anaemic chips which had clearly been cooked from a frozen bag. We weren't told this would happen & when I pointed out it should have come with bulger wheat the waiter told me they'd run out. Aside from the fact that about half the menu is supposed to be served with bulger wheat, we hadn't been told at any point in the near hour we'd been in the restaurant, or offered anything in it's place instead. It is quite expensive with the cheapest kebab on our order at about £11, plus the 2 mixed kebabs at £16 each, so for us to be expected to put up with frozen chips is blatantly taking the piss! It also suggests that the restaurant thinks their customers are stupid.
After saying that I didn't want chips with my meal we were presented with some bulger wheat 'on the house' - remember we were told there wasn't any..? The bread never showed up either. We're very unlikely to go again as a result of this, simply because the attitude of the staff working implied that the customer is stupid & will pay for whatever crap they're given without consultation or apology.

We were left feeling really disappointed because of the inconsistency in the service which had been excellent on our first visit.

Croydon, United Kingdom
“Small portions, not enough staff and expensive”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After going to this restaurant on Saturday night I feel compelled to write about the poor meal I received. After ordering the mixed kebabs on the menu I was presented with the smallest of meals I have eaten in an eating establishment for some time. 3 small pieces of mixed meat with a handful of rice and a few sprigs of lettuce with a slice of tomato for £16.00. Sorry Bexhill, this is not the west end and people expect better.
The 1 waiter and waitress were doing their best to wait on a restaurant that should have had at least 4 waiters for the amount of people there. They also had to look after the bar for drinks orders. What was that stuff which I think was meant to be yoghurt for a dip, very, very synthetic!

Would not recommend and suggest the management should spend more time looking after their clientele and perhaps attend a catering school or get some professional advice, especially with portion control.

Brussels, Belgium
“Fresh and proper Turkish food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has proper Turkish coffee, which was presented in a traditional way, and ayran (Turkish yogurt drink), which were both delicious. We ate the lamb kofte and vegetarian dishes with aubergine. The portions are large and you get a free little starter.

Visited July 2014
Aldershot
“Really enjoyed the evening”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ate here on a Sunday night. Meze selection for starter was very pleasant followed by mix of skewers and chops. All food very tasty, service good as well and you can watch the food being cooked. Thoroughly recommend to others.

Meal for two (2 courses) + wine GBP56

Hastings, England, United Kingdom
“Turkish Delight”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having some time to kill before we had to pick up the kids from school, my wife and I decided to have a spot of lunch. We chose Ada because we had an evening meal there before and really enjoyed it. We shared a Humus starter, which was simply delicious. I then ordered the Lamb Shish and my wife had the Chicken Shish. It was nice to see the chef making our meal in the open kitchen and the food came in good time. Again we could not fault both dishes. Feeling a bit indulgent we both went for the Baklava, which was made to perfection.
We had a brilliant meal, in a great atmosphere, for a reasonable price. What more could you ask for?