“Poor service”
Review of Radley's

Radley's
Ranked #17 of 359 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Booking is advisable especially if you are travelling a reasonable distance to visit us. We are unable to update our opening hours because TripAdvisor ignore our requests to do so. Please call us to check our opening hours, take a look on our Facebook page or look at the photos on this site...one of them shows our actual opening times!
“Poor service”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having been before decided to pop along with friends. The staff where not over friendly and seemed put off by the fact they had an order for poached eggs! Waiting staff then went into the kitchen in sight of customers and were seen to be rude about us in plain view! Ignored my friend when she came in. As a result we walked out and will give our custom to someone more appreciative. If you would like tips on how to poach more than one egg at a time perhaps I can recommend a large pan of boiling water with some vinegar. Unbelievable that a cafe serving breakfast can be stumped by 8 poached eggs!!! Customer service is the key to success - poor service = poor reviews. I would have recommended you on my previous experience, however your poor manners have let you down!

• Visited June 2014
beeceebee2810, Owner at Radley's, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
On the morning in question I was seen to be exasperated and you assumed that this was directed at you and your friend. It was, however, a result of seeing a huge refuse truck pulling up outside the cafe and knowing that I would have to rush out and open the gate for the refuse collectors in the middle of whatever else I was doing. I hate to see the truck parked outside so make it a priority to try and move them along as quickly as possible. We seem to have had some crossed wires on both sides on this occasion and I am incredibly upset that we have given you the perception that we don't care about our customers. As you said, you have been in before and had no problems...even ordering 8 poached eggs. We don't have waiting staff per se, we have myself and one other member of staff and between us we do everything and anything that is required of us.
I have tried to make amends on our Facebook page where you posted a similar comment but I think this has fallen on deaf ears, so I will try again here. You and your friend are invited to come in for breakfast of your choice on the house in the hope that we can make some reparation.
Briony

“Delicious”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great little cafe with something for everyone.
Delicious freshly made meals and cakes.
Friendly welcome and speedy service.

“Great Little Stop”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

A very warm refuge on what was a windy, rainy day. We enjoyed their "Breakfast til Noon" menu and they have a great Gluten Free selection. The staff were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was engaging.... like I said little stop!!

London, United Kingdom
“Yummy Gluten Free cakes!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Large selection of gluten free cakes and quiche! Delicious! Lovely outside space to sit in on sunny days!

England
“A hidden gem !”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Whilst this area is not necessarily renowned for its restaurants or cuisine this is one place worth a visit. Home cooked food, friendly service, sensible prices - one cannot ask for anything more.

Visited April 2014