“A fabulous little place”
Review of Radley's

Radley's
Ranked #12 of 388 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a 100% Gluten Free Restaurant. Booking is advisable especially if you are travelling a reasonable distance to visit us.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I can honestly say that Little Larder is one of my favourite little eateries in St Leonards! I have never been disappointed. The food is always tasty and fresh and the owner and staff are always chirpy and friendly. A truly delightful little Jewel of a place.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is one of the loveliest little restaurant in town. The food is wonderful, service great and a warm atmosphere. Whomever Poachedx8 is should get their facts right before writing such things. I never have had bad service nor have the staff ever been rude. It's a shame that this has been written.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Both sweet & savoury treats abound with a cracking cuppa Coffee (or Tea) on the side as well as a very pleasant atmosphere. This is absolutely one of my favourite places to eat and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone, especially the Broccoli & Stilton quiche :) Nice comfortable seats and a good sunny outside area. Perfect.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

For Ladies that Lunch a lovely meal (quiche and salad) followed by the best coffee in town in a relaxed atmosphere with good service. A restaurant that's small but perfectly formed.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having been before decided to pop along with friends. The staff where not over friendly and seemed put off by the fact they had an order for poached eggs! Waiting staff then went into the kitchen in sight of customers and were seen to be rude about us in plain view! Ignored my friend when she came in. As a result we walked out and will give our custom to someone more appreciative. If you would like tips on how to poach more than one egg at a time perhaps I can recommend a large pan of boiling water with some vinegar. Unbelievable that a cafe serving breakfast can be stumped by 8 poached eggs!!! Customer service is the key to success - poor service = poor reviews. I would have recommended you on my previous experience, however your poor manners have let you down!

beeceebee2810, Owner at Radley's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

On the morning in question I was seen to be exasperated and you assumed that this was directed at you and your friend. It was, however, a result of seeing a huge refuse truck pulling up outside the cafe and knowing that I would have to rush out and open the gate for the refuse collectors in the middle of whatever else I was doing. I hate to see the truck parked outside so make it a priority to try and move them along as quickly as possible. We seem to have had some crossed wires on both sides on this occasion and I am incredibly upset that we have given you the perception that we don't care about our customers. As you said, you have been in before and had no problems...even ordering 8 poached eggs. We don't have waiting staff per se, we have myself and one other member of staff and between us we do everything and anything that is required of us.
I have tried to make amends on our Facebook page where you posted a similar comment but I think this has fallen on deaf ears, so I will try again here. You and your friend are invited to come in for breakfast of your choice on the house in the hope that we can make some reparation.
Briony