“Overpriced and under supervised”
Review of Clambers

Clambers
Ranked #16 of 16 Fun & Games in Hastings
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Sitting now in Clambers while two grandsons 9 & 7 are here to play and enjoy the day out that has cost £8 each. Unfortunately there are several large males in here running amok, aged about 18 at a guess. Throwing balls trying to sting other boys, generally running around scaring any younger kids trying to have a fun time. Surely people this age should be asked by management to tone down their behaviour or leave, I thought this was a place of fun for children, not a place to be intimidated in, too expensive by far.

1  Thank Michelle C

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Visited today and did not have a great visit at all really.

This is the worst soft play I have ever taken my little boy to.

Firstly, there was no one staffing the entrance and then when they did appear the greeting left much to be desired.

Secondly, the whole play centre is extremely run down and tired, the place smells, it feels and looks dirty, the paint is falling off things, the sofas are falling apart, there is food everywhere which isn't being cleared up enough.

My little one is 1 and I felt like he was getting extremely dirty whilst playing.

Next, ordered food and it took 20 mins just for a toastie! When it came it was actually good until put my little one in the high chair which was just covered in grease.

Entrance and food are pricey too.

Don't bother, spend your money else where.

1  Thank Jleeflemming
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

On holiday in hastings and found this place for our 13 month old and friends 2 and half year old. As soft play centres go its ok and has a good outdoor play area and a paddling pool area too. Bit dated inside and in need of some tlc. Play stuff torn, play area outside needing lick of paint and some things mended with LOTS of tape. If your stuck for stuff to do and you've got little ones then id recommend it to nacker them out.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Visited in February when we had friends visiting and it was raining. Can always guarantee a good enjoyable day out for the kids whatever the weather. All 3 kids had a wonderful time. My daughter who is now 11 had 3 birthday parties there which she absolutely loved. She also had many of days there with her older brother. I think if the kids were writing the reviews and not the parents the scores would be higher. Thumbs up from me and my daughter

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Have been going to clambers for years since my eldest (now 10) was a baby, back then clambers was always a really pleasant, clean and up to date place to go, the membership used to make it a cheap day out (if you weren't eating their food). Now however, the prices have gone up, despite no improvements to the main indoor play area, it is dirty, smelly and over crowded more often than not.

The under 5 area is always crawling with older children who bound in and ruin any fun that babies have, often bashing them and throwing balls and some of the bigger soft play items at them. A member of staff in the area preventing older children from coming in would work well to help this.

The food is over priced, takes an age to be made and always leaves a lot to be desired, they may be able to make food come out faster if all the cooking apparatus were kept on heat at all time and not just switched on when needed.

The last time we went there we came away and all got stomach bugs. We now travel to Ashford rather than go to clambers if we want to treat the our children to a slightly different day out. It's such a shame that something that should be so good, isn't.