“Mmm...cake”

Price range: US$3 - US$7
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The cakes are yummy, duuuuh!
Get there earlier and not on the weekend if you want more of a selection, I have been on a Saturday afternoon and not got what I mostly desired... But hey ho.
The staff are young but it doesn't make them any less capable like I've heard some people say, my main problem with Michalas is the venue, the gallery it's situated in is pretentious as I've heard people say too, the gallery owner doesn't appear to like anybody it seems, anybody who doesn't pay ridiculous money for so called 'art' that doesn't look half as good as something my toddler can create.
I know many of my friends who've been told off for having taken a push chair inside and children's trikes and the such which let's Michalas down as they are a lovely establishment where as the gallery.. isn't.
Reasonable prices for some truly good cake and a coffee on a cold day sat by their fire is a must!
Oh and the Cath Kidston mugs and plates they use are adorable!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My colleagues raved about this place and it did look amazing on the internet. However on arrival we were very disappointed. It was uncomfortably hot inside and hardly any cakes to chose from. I guess it was later in the day but I was very disappointed.
The staff cannot be faulted though and the iced coffee was delicious.

1  Thank albapup
Reviewed 9 August 2014

An excellent cake/tea shop well worth a visit, large slices of home made cakes at very reasonable prices.
Plenty of room in new surroundings, they do take aways as well.

1  Thank boblloyduk
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The clue is in the name, this is a cake shop. And they serve exceedingly good cakes! I am a huge fan of their salted caramel cake, but can also recommend their brownies. Excellent stop for a little something sweet.

1  Thank Penny198
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The cakes are really, really nice but the service leaves a lot to be desired. Part of the issue is the pretentious nature of the management which appears to have spread to the teenage waiters/waitresses.
I personally would not return as the ambience is also a little off; very reminiscent of a school cafeteria.

As I have previously said, the cakes are delicious but it's just not worth the snootiness.

5  Thank coneyhull