“Breakfast on the beach”

Ranked #15 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Hastings
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Breakfast on the beach”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very friendly coffee shop. The staff were very efficient. I bought breakfast there - the bacon bap was very good - and then I took my coffee and food to the beach, which was deserted at 9am!

Visited August 2013

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“A pleasant enough cafe.”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Nothing to write home about but equally, absolutely nothing wrong with the place,
Food and drinks well priced, my coffee was good and i have bought food at other branches and found it quite good so no reason to believe the quality would be any different here.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Tramp stamp central”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This place suffers due to its position in a scene resembling a mad max movie.I talk of course of Hastings town centre on a sunny June day.The previous reviewer comparing it to a soup kitchen is spot on.

The staff were surly and customers ill manered,like an overflow from the nearby mcdonalds.
Food and drink was resonable however.

• Visited June 2013
Hastings, United Kingdom
“More like a soup kitchen for the homeless”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Avoid! First impressions showed a good selection of food, however when you sit down and look around I realised how dirty this place is. It really does need a damm good clean. I could see dirt everywhere. Then there are the customers that this cafe attracts, not very pleasant at all, will not go back ever again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SocialQueen30
Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
“probably would have been better if we didn't arrive so late”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We arrived here at 4:50, an hour and ten minutes before it was scheduled to close, we were just there to wait for our train. We almost felt like we were in the wrong for ordering a soy latte, as the lady felt she needed to tell us that she had just cleaned the machine. We couldn't relax as they were mopping around us and sighing that we were still there - still at least 40 minutes before closing. We finally left at 5.45 and they practically shooed us out. I work in retail and I know how frustrating it is for people to arrive late, but I also know how valued customers are and that you NEVER show them that they are unwelcome. They didn't tell us at any point that they were closing soon at which point we would obviously have left. I really liked the story of the ownership and company on the wall, and the scones in my cream tea tasted lovely and fresh, however the service could have been worked upon. Don't visit this place within the last few hours of trade.

Visited February 2013