“NEVER AGAIN!!”

Urban BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Urban BBQ is now permanantly closed.
London, United Kingdom
“NEVER AGAIN!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I don't like to be negative and so wont say much other than, over-priced! bad service! bickering and disrespectful staff! if I wanted to eat with very loud music and laser lighting then I would have gone to a night club!

• Visited August 2014

London
“Unedible, disgusting food with zero nutritional value or taste!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you're going to eat naughty food like ribs and chips you want to enjoy the taste. But when you're eating something so low in nutritional value you expect taste to be the reward. Sadly at Urban BBQ you don't get such a treat. The ribs are vile, the sauce is so foul it made us retch. The chips were like cardboard and tastes of nothing. No wonder the place is empty. Hastings deserves so much better than this. The staff are very sweet and attentive and also deserve to work somewhere that serves food which is actually edible. I would not recommend visiting this restaurant.

“Terrible”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We visited on Saturday 26th July around 7:30 there was only a few people in there. There was only 3 staff working who spent most of the time bickering with each other. We waited over 40 mins for our food, when it arrived it was cold, the presentation was nice and the food was edible, my son didn't get his meal and we had to go up to the bar and ask for it but it wasnt what was orderd,desert was nice but again my sons order was wrong, we ordered ice cream and chocolate sauce and cookie on it,out came ice cream with strawberry sauce with no spoons again we had to go to the bar and ask for cutlery. Very poor and very unprofessional. It's a shame as its a lovely restaurant. Definatly needs more staff and nice uniforms and appropriate training to work in a restaurant. However, it was our first experience and if we was to return I'd like to come back and hopefully there would have been changes as we shouldn't have to experience a terrible time twice.

“No steak knives!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from this terrible meal. Waited 45 mins for a burger and steak. We were one of 4 couples there. Could badly cut the steak without a steak knife... Which they couldn't provide. You can't charge £14.99 for steak and then not provide a knife. Sauces didn't get delivered with the meal and only turned up as we were finishing the last of our chips.

Worst of all they offered no discount or apology for all the mistakes and then had the cheek to add extra drinks onto the price. Do not eat here!

3 Thank Chris S
RobAndrews_13, Owner at Urban BBQ, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Urban BBQ has recently been offering really bad, miserable service and sub standard food. I must offer anyone who feels affected my sincerest apologies. The problems have been down to a series of sub standard staff. This is not acceptable and with this in mind, I have decided to close the business until I can find staff worthy to cook and serve our fabulous food. Hopefully this will be soon. Sorry for any inconvenience but I'm sure that you want to be served the best and if we can't deliver that, then I'd rather not waste my time. PS we have over 30 steak knives, sorry if the idiot serving you had no idea
Hastings
“Never to return....”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had heard such great reviews about Urban BBQ when it first opened. We used to get takeaways which were delicious and couldn't fault the food, however when the menu changed as did the service so we gave up.

However, when in town today with our young daughter we thought we'd try eating in for a change and give Urban BBQ a chance to redeem themselves. What a let down!
There were two tables in use outside but because it was warm we chose to sit inside. We were the only ones in the whole restaurant! There were two members of staff working who were bickering with each other throughout our visit, completely unprofessional and made us feel quite uncomfortable.

We ordered our drinks and food. My husband wanted a side of coleslaw which they had run out of (bearing in mind it was only 1pm) so we ordered from the menu and waited.
We were then told that they had no corn on the cob, which we had all ordered and was part of the children's meal, so at that point we decided to pay for our drinks and leave.
The only good thing urban BBQ did was to give us the drinks for free as they could see how unhappy we were.
Went over to Yates and had a delicious lunch with amazing service - pleasantly surprised!!

All in all, the two members of staff working who clearly didn't like each other made the experience very unpleasant and the menu was disappointing too. Can't comment on the food and won't be able to as I won't be returning.
Such a shame.