“Pleasantly Surprised”

Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was very concerned about our stay after reading negative reviews. We stayed here for 4 nights during half term. We got a call a few days before to tell us that the caravan we had booked (3 bed seaview village platinum) was no longer available and at this point I actually considered cancelling. But thank God I didn't! Rebecca in reception sorted us out with a 2 bed platinum in the seaview village and it couldn't have been nicer. Both bedrooms were lovely, the décor was superb and even the shower was good. The seaview village area was lovely and only a minutes walk from the main complex. The swimming pool was good, the activities we booked were great (archery, shooting, kayaks and water walkerz) and the staff were all brilliant. We didn't eat in the restaurants but did use Burger King and the pizza delivery service which were both great. The arcades were a little manic at times as you might expect at half term but our children loved every minute. I can't comment on the entertainment as we did not use it but everyone we saw seemed to be enjoying themselves, especially on the evening of Halloween. Overall a really enjoyable stay and we'll definitely be back.

2  Thank Morwenna S
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hello Morwenna S
I can honestly say that we too are very pleased you decided not to cancel! I am so glad to hear from your review that your recent stay was, in fact, a memorable experience which is everything the team at Combe Haven aim to deliver. I have passed your lovely comments on to Rebecca who was so happy to know she was able to assist you. I also would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the fact we could not allocate you the 3 bedroom platinum - this is not a regular occurrence, however, some things are beyond our control.
Seaview Village is an exceptionally unique area which we are extremely proud of, so I was happy to hear you too loved this part of our park.
It does sound like that you all had a great time in the pool and the extra activities you listed are very popular. This is wonderful to hear and I truly hope other readers of your review will be assured that on park we really are trying our best to deliver great family breaks, as I know people are worried when they read the negative reviews on Trip Advisor.
Yes it is true our recent Halloween half term break went really well with some fantastic feedback from other guests I am only sorry you were not able to be part of it whilst here, however we truly look forward to welcoming you all back to Combe Haven in 2014.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had an excellent holiday here, staying for a week in half term. The service we received from staff was outstanding, in particular Hayley at Reception was excellent and helped us both on arrival and when we decided to upgrade to a 3 bedroom Platinum caravan on the Monday.

We ate in the Mash & Barrel numerous times during our week and found the food to be of a good quality throughout, with the 25% discount when you ordered between 3-5 pm on weekdays making it excellent value as well. The bar staff were especially friendly in particular Dave who was always happy to help and I would recommend a hot chocolate on a cold rainy day.

Our caravan was clean, tidy and had everything we needed for our stay (including extra chains during the storm lol), we would recommend this site and are glad that we judged for ourselves rather than listening to some of the extremely negative reviews on here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiger7179

Hello Tiger7179
I am so pleased to read your review and know that you had a wonderful holiday recently at Combe Haven. Thank you so much for your kind comments to Dave and myself. Our team love being part of the experience to help create those memories we keep forever, (I also love those Hot Chocolates - a perfect choice on a rainy day, though not too regular, I have to think about those calories).
I was happy to read you visited the Mash & Barrel during your stay for the early bird offer. We too believe this is a great saver and I have passed all your lovely comments on to the team there.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your caravan. I have spoken to our wonderful Accommodation team to express your delight in the standard of the cleanliness, feedback is indeed extremely valuable to us and we were so pleased we were all able to talk about the mad windy weather we experienced recently without no incidents.
Again, thank you taking the time to write your review, and if we can ever help with any future bookings or special requests we would look forward to speaking with you and hopefully welcoming you all back to Combe Haven in 2014.
HayleyPilcher
Reception team Leader

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Combehaven we shall never repeat our dreadful mistake of going there ever again. The whole place is infested with one problem or another, I had to do remedial work to the caravan to make it safe for my family to stay in.

There are so many things wrong with this place I would be here for ages listing them all.

You try and complain to management, this fails to resolve anything other than a waste of time.

Just cannot believe how poorly managed and the total lack of care or consideration shown to the people staying.

I have posted videos on my your tube channel showing the state of our allocated caravan, and the poor entertainment in the evenings.

We had been warned by others how bad it was but we wanted to explore the history of Hastings, our whole experience was extremely bad.

Beds are so small one of our children fell out during the night. We had to spend ages cleaning the caravan, food in restaurant poor quality, security were aggressive and very unhelpful, caravan cold, especially in the morning.

Putting it simply we just couldn't get away fast enough, lucky for us we had planned our days off site, or we would of left same day we got there.

I have wrote a letter to head office complaints department, as of yet had no reply, will update if and when I do.

8  Thank 756tonya
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear 756tonya,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and comments about Combe Haven. We were very disappointed to read that you were presented with many issues on your arrival and even had to make repairs to the accommodation yourself. I agree that this is not acceptable and I have been in touch with the Guest Relations Manager at Hemel Support to locate your complaint so we can investigate this for you. Unfortunately we have been unable to locate any complaints of the same nature as yours and need your booking reference number so that we can proceed. Please email us on combehaventripadvisor@haven.com with your booking reference number and our Guest Relations Manager will personally look into this for you as a matter of urgency.

Our aim is to make sure that all our guests have a great experience at Haven and looking through other reviews I can see that on many occasions we achieve this but when we get it wrong we are more than happy to try our best to resolve any problems.

Once again I apologise for any disappointment and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Main reason for writing this review is the poor customer service and facilities available during this weekend. As it closes for the season tomorrow all I heard was sorry we havent got that....breakfast only fried available continental sold out. Burger king sold out of drinks apart from diet coke...spar had empty shelves. Now I wouldnt mind if we had paid discount prices for limited availability but to be told by management there is nothing they can do is appalling. After complaining with not even a discount or any other enticement to come back I will think again of coming to combe haven. Poor customer service. They tell u on here to go and speak to them to resolve the issue well I have and still am fuming with no positive outcome. Disgusting.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank linzijones
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Linzijones, thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was really sorry to hear your experience of our customer service was not up to what it should have been, I can assure you we take every feedback very seriously from the day we open until the last day and from reading this I spoke directly to both the complex manager and spar manager.
They confirmed back to me that in our restaurant we ran out of danish pastries, they put croissants out in their replacement, In Burger king, yes, we did run out of fizzy drinks however this was late on Sunday and the team were happy to get replacement drinks from our main bar which I know they did for many guests that asked.
Again please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you encountered on park and if you would like to contact us please call 01424 427891 or email combehaventripadvisor@haven.com with your reference number and I would be happy to discuss this issue further with you.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here since my son was 3 he is now 8. Its great fun for the kids and there are great family activities too. The only downfall is if you dont drive and they put you in a caravan far away from the complex. You have a long walk to do there and back and in the evening your doing this in the dark.
Overall a brilliant short break, the only let down this time was the location of our caravan.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Sinade for your review of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that your son has grown up coming to the park and finds all the family activities fun! On the park we do take requests prior to holidays so in future if there is a particular location you would like please let us know and we will do our absolute best to meet the request.
We truly look forward to welcoming you back to the park in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

When we arrived I realised that we were quite a way from the amenities and not on a main pathway. I mentioned this to Becky on reception as I was by myself with two young children and she was very helpful and sorted everything out. Thanks Becky! Staff were dressed for Halloween and very friendly and helpful and did as much as they could. Perhaps there were less staff as it was the end of the season but there weren't enough glass collectors in the Live Lounge and security were collecting bottles from overfilled tables (presumably for safety reasons). The tables a bit sticky but easily remedied with a Flash wipe. The caravan wasn't very clean but as we'd been allocated it at the last minute a quick wipe around and we were sorted. The evening entertainment was enjoyable and they had tried hard to cater for everyone. They provided us with a very useful timetable of events upon arrival.
The activity pass, 6 activities for £35, was well worth it and the kids enjoyed roller discos, kayaking, fencing etc. Instructors were kind, polite, good fun and very patient! The play area was good for older children as is the arcade. The surrounding area was lovely and has something for everyone. We particularly enjoyed the old town in Hastings and the beaches in Hastings and St. Leonards.
A good trip and a lovely area. Thanks Haven!

Room Tip: Harley Mead 29, close to all amenities and sea view from the living room window.
1  Thank 19china84

Thank you 19china84 for your review regarding your recent holiday with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your holiday with us. I’m sorry the first location was not suitable to your needs but I’m pleased Becky was able to move you straight away to an alternative which was better for you. Becky is also very pleased to hear your feedback! If you do visit again, you can add requests such as this onto your booking and we will try our hardest to allocate you a caravan in a suitable location first time so you don’t miss any of your holiday moving caravans!

I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the team Halloween costumes and that we did as much as we could for you. I apologise that you felt there were not enough bar team collecting glasses. During busy periods at the main bar, they can be serving for longer periods of time before they are able to get onto the venue floor and during these times the security team do kindly help with the collecting.

I am pleased you enjoyed the evening entertainment and I have passed your positive comments to the Sports and Leisure Team.

We truly hope to welcome you all back to Combe Haven in 2014.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Arrived at the park very sceptical as to what to expect after reading these reviews. Caravan was neat and tidy. One fault no shelves/hangers in the shower room but tidy. Decided to go out to the Live Lounge or should I say The Zoo, so typical of british holiday parks, too loud, bad language, nowhere to sit for a quiet drink as you couldn't hear your own voice. so we decided to try the other bar called Fun Works on site but sadly another zoo..filled with costly amusement park type games. My advice would be leave the amusement arcade to just the live lounge and have a nice family bar where you can enjoy a drink with nice seating/lighting/surroundings. it was like a blackpool fun fair totally incongruous with some of the people that would possibly like to go to this resort.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Dicken J for your review regarding your recent holiday with us.

I was pleased you found your caravan in a good condition - different makes and models do vary with the fixtures and fittings that are available in the caravan.

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your experience of The Live Lounge. During busier times of the year it can be busy as alot of holidaymakers like to enjoy the entertainment included in the holiday. Where we are a family park, all venues have shows and entertainment geared towards children but we do appreciate all feedback as customer satisfaction is of immense importance to us.

We wish you many more happy holidays in the future visiting other parts of our great country and if you do choose to visit again, we look forward to welcoming you!

Combe Haven Holiday Park

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Royal Victoria Hotel
Eagle House Hotel
Eagle House Hotel
#7 of 11 in Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings

Been to Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!