Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Breakfast included
Lansdowne(Hastings)
The Northern Hotel(Bexhill-on-Sea)
  • Room Service
1,338 results
All reviewsmash and barrelburger kingspar shopsaxon centreseaview villagedeluxe caravanroller discoseaside squadspace bowlpapa johns pizzaoutdoor poolsecurity staffgreat holidayholiday parksoft playfamily holidaymonday to friday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed Oct half term for 5 days in a standard caravan, was dreading it after reading some reviews on here however most importantly our caravan was lovely and clean, staff on reception were so friendly and helpful too, made a very good impression!! There's so much to do in the surrounding area if you can drive out a little, we only used the pool on site which was clean and warm. Our caravan was at the bottom of a steep hill which would be a struggle for some to walk up and down to all the site facilities but it didn't affect us as we are an active family and didn't stay on site most days anyway. There was a huge tesco a short drive away, lots of shops in Hastings nearby and we thoroughly enjoyed a day out in Brighton, went on the wheel, the sealife centre and spent the evening on the fair on the pier for £5 each because it was Thursday and finished the day off with fish and chips (best day out ever according to the children!), although it did take about an hour to get there! Don't expect to be building sandcastles though...pebble beaches which made a change for us but we did have a drive out to Camber sands which again was lovely but about an hours drive away. We were lucky the weather was mild for October and if it wasn't such a long long drive from Manchester we would definitely go back!!!!!

1  Thank Jayne D
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hello Jayne D
Thank you so much for posting your recent review on your stay with us in October, myself and all the team were delighted to know that your time with us made some special memories.
Your comments about your time in Hastings and the surrounding areas will help and guide other potential guests, so thank you.
We would of course love you to return and if you ever reconsidered coming back down to the South East, please call me on 01424 427891 and I will personally oversee your booking and help create more special memories..
From all the Team here at Combe Haven we wish you a very happy new year.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have recently returned from a Mon-Fri break at Combe Haven, I have stayed on site several times before but not so late in season although I have stayed on other Haven sites similar times.

I use the caravan as a base so I don't expect too much, I know it was near end of season and van was booked for 6 guests even though this was to allow me to bring a few people in for meetings as it allowed 6.

The caravan was an older accessible caravan however being on one way system and not far from housekeeping was very noisy. The caravan was clean however the caravan good do with some touch ups as hand rails going rusty, shower head partly blocked, one of the beds normally with a 2'6" mattress had been replaced with a 2'3" making it small for someone with special needs. The bedding was supposed to be for 6 people although only 5 pillows in unit with 3 being waffer thin, I know this is towards the end of season and it looked as if better pillows in wheely bins opposite also although duvet in cupboard in master bedroom no cover or sheet left . All the duvet were thin and not really adequate for colder nights. I know that if I had spoken to management this could have been sorted as the team are normally good.

Being midweek with the park very quiet the normal outside acts were minimal infact I cannot remember seeing an outside act but this was because of the lack of booked holidaymakers on site and the Teamstars tried hard to please.

Spar - The staff very friendly and clean however may of the lines not available - most sites offer bacon and sausage bap in morning (together) but due to lack of guests you couldn't even pre-pay on day before, no filed baquettes only prepack sandwiches full of mayonaise anf if like me you have an allergy this didn't help, mini pasties / sausage rolls not cooked every day or allowed to be pre ordered due to managers scared about waste, yes shelves slightly empty but I can understand Haven do not want stock to sit around over winter or to go out of date.

Lift to the sports bar and owners gym area still keeps breaking down - when is a more reliable replacement going to be installed - This problem has been on going for 2 to 3 years infact was one of the reasons I did not buy a caravan from you.

I have had my moans and now for the positive :-

Site clean,
Friendly staff,
Activities for families available good
For families with Kids - Burger king and papa johns good - would be nice to have a COOKS fish shop.
Security staff friendly and attentive.
Food in main restaurant - well cooked - prefer more choice to chips.
Team stars - work hard even though this Go gets a bit repetitive especially if you have more than one holiday a year with Haven.

To the reader -

Combe Haven is a good base for Hastings area and the site provides good kids clubs and optional extra activities for families, the moans are only due to being end of season. With the end of season much of the soft furnishings - pillows and quilts are replaced as bedding can get damp durring closed season due to lack of heating - it is just unfortunate that modern bedding - polyester hollow fibre goes flat so quick - and with many items getting damaged / lost sites tend to use cheaper items to allow for replacements. If you sleep with more than 1 pillow per person then a tip to bring your own - my kids prefer having there own anyway when I take them.

I will say that even though some were like waffers - they were clean no stains and were not plasticated like at a rivals. The fact that due to my medical condition i sleep using many - I therefore bring lots with me as an experienced holidaymaker.

Tip - book the best grade you can afford as it gives more luxury.

In normal holiday homes (
Standard non accessible)single beds are 2'3" wide so are narrow - this is in all companies not just Haven. I know in accessible units of the type I booked both rooms have 1 - 3ft and 1 - 2'6" .

The management and staff are normally very helpful - but remember we all have off days too.

If something is important to you - like the onsite shop having full shelves , or certain activities speak to site before booking, local shops are a few minutes drive away and 5-10 minutes drive at Bexhill is a Tesco, McDonalds, KFC and Poundland so you can get things even at end of season .

Room Tip: Higher grade are better equiped and may have gas central heating .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank caravanmysteryvisits
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear ‘caravanmysteryvisits’,

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback about your recent stay with us!

As a regular guest, thank you for leaving your advice to other holidaymakers. I’m glad you find the park useful as a base from which to visit the local area and we are lucky to have such a beautiful local area to explore.

I have passed on your comments to our accommodation team about the caravan on your most recent stay and if you could drop us your booking reference details to combehaventripadvisor@haven.com, if you have a chance, we will look at the caravan you stayed in and also have a look into what bedding might need to be replaced for the new season.

Thank you for your kind comments about the team and please rest assured we will have a look into the lift in the sports bar, as we want the area to be accessible to all of our guests at all times.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on park again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was very concerned about our stay after reading negative reviews. We stayed here for 4 nights during half term. We got a call a few days before to tell us that the caravan we had booked (3 bed seaview village platinum) was no longer available and at this point I actually considered cancelling. But thank God I didn't! Rebecca in reception sorted us out with a 2 bed platinum in the seaview village and it couldn't have been nicer. Both bedrooms were lovely, the décor was superb and even the shower was good. The seaview village area was lovely and only a minutes walk from the main complex. The swimming pool was good, the activities we booked were great (archery, shooting, kayaks and water walkerz) and the staff were all brilliant. We didn't eat in the restaurants but did use Burger King and the pizza delivery service which were both great. The arcades were a little manic at times as you might expect at half term but our children loved every minute. I can't comment on the entertainment as we did not use it but everyone we saw seemed to be enjoying themselves, especially on the evening of Halloween. Overall a really enjoyable stay and we'll definitely be back.

2  Thank Morwenna S
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hello Morwenna S
I can honestly say that we too are very pleased you decided not to cancel! I am so glad to hear from your review that your recent stay was, in fact, a memorable experience which is everything the team at Combe Haven aim to deliver. I have passed your lovely comments on to Rebecca who was so happy to know she was able to assist you. I also would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the fact we could not allocate you the 3 bedroom platinum - this is not a regular occurrence, however, some things are beyond our control.
Seaview Village is an exceptionally unique area which we are extremely proud of, so I was happy to hear you too loved this part of our park.
It does sound like that you all had a great time in the pool and the extra activities you listed are very popular. This is wonderful to hear and I truly hope other readers of your review will be assured that on park we really are trying our best to deliver great family breaks, as I know people are worried when they read the negative reviews on Trip Advisor.
Yes it is true our recent Halloween half term break went really well with some fantastic feedback from other guests I am only sorry you were not able to be part of it whilst here, however we truly look forward to welcoming you all back to Combe Haven in 2014.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had an excellent holiday here, staying for a week in half term. The service we received from staff was outstanding, in particular Hayley at Reception was excellent and helped us both on arrival and when we decided to upgrade to a 3 bedroom Platinum caravan on the Monday.

We ate in the Mash & Barrel numerous times during our week and found the food to be of a good quality throughout, with the 25% discount when you ordered between 3-5 pm on weekdays making it excellent value as well. The bar staff were especially friendly in particular Dave who was always happy to help and I would recommend a hot chocolate on a cold rainy day.

Our caravan was clean, tidy and had everything we needed for our stay (including extra chains during the storm lol), we would recommend this site and are glad that we judged for ourselves rather than listening to some of the extremely negative reviews on here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tiger7179

Hello Tiger7179
I am so pleased to read your review and know that you had a wonderful holiday recently at Combe Haven. Thank you so much for your kind comments to Dave and myself. Our team love being part of the experience to help create those memories we keep forever, (I also love those Hot Chocolates - a perfect choice on a rainy day, though not too regular, I have to think about those calories).
I was happy to read you visited the Mash & Barrel during your stay for the early bird offer. We too believe this is a great saver and I have passed all your lovely comments on to the team there.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your caravan. I have spoken to our wonderful Accommodation team to express your delight in the standard of the cleanliness, feedback is indeed extremely valuable to us and we were so pleased we were all able to talk about the mad windy weather we experienced recently without no incidents.
Again, thank you taking the time to write your review, and if we can ever help with any future bookings or special requests we would look forward to speaking with you and hopefully welcoming you all back to Combe Haven in 2014.
HayleyPilcher
Reception team Leader

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Combehaven we shall never repeat our dreadful mistake of going there ever again. The whole place is infested with one problem or another, I had to do remedial work to the caravan to make it safe for my family to stay in.

There are so many things wrong with this place I would be here for ages listing them all.

You try and complain to management, this fails to resolve anything other than a waste of time.

Just cannot believe how poorly managed and the total lack of care or consideration shown to the people staying.

I have posted videos on my your tube channel showing the state of our allocated caravan, and the poor entertainment in the evenings.

We had been warned by others how bad it was but we wanted to explore the history of Hastings, our whole experience was extremely bad.

Beds are so small one of our children fell out during the night. We had to spend ages cleaning the caravan, food in restaurant poor quality, security were aggressive and very unhelpful, caravan cold, especially in the morning.

Putting it simply we just couldn't get away fast enough, lucky for us we had planned our days off site, or we would of left same day we got there.

I have wrote a letter to head office complaints department, as of yet had no reply, will update if and when I do.

8  Thank 756tonya
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear 756tonya,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and comments about Combe Haven. We were very disappointed to read that you were presented with many issues on your arrival and even had to make repairs to the accommodation yourself. I agree that this is not acceptable and I have been in touch with the Guest Relations Manager at Hemel Support to locate your complaint so we can investigate this for you. Unfortunately we have been unable to locate any complaints of the same nature as yours and need your booking reference number so that we can proceed. Please email us on combehaventripadvisor@haven.com with your booking reference number and our Guest Relations Manager will personally look into this for you as a matter of urgency.

Our aim is to make sure that all our guests have a great experience at Haven and looking through other reviews I can see that on many occasions we achieve this but when we get it wrong we are more than happy to try our best to resolve any problems.

Once again I apologise for any disappointment and hope to hear from you soon.