“Holiday ok - aftercare not so good”

Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven
London, United Kingdom
“Holiday ok - aftercare not so good”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Me and partner visited with our 18 month old son for a week away and had a nice time.
Our caravan was nice and clean with the exception of one of the duvet covers which appeared to be covered in black grease but this wasn't a problem as we only needed one of the single covers.
Outside play area was nice but the inside soft play was quite dirty and the lift up to it was broken so difficult to get up the steep steps with a buggy.
Also, you can't park next to the caravans so you might have to make quite a few trips with your luggage.
When we returned home we realised that we left our little boys dressing gown in the caravan and a friend who lives locally was going to collect for us, however after phoning 4 times to see if they had the dressing gown and being promised a call back each time we never heard a thing. I now it's only a dressing gown but I think it's courtesy to call back if you say you will. As it was our little boys first dressing gown it would have been nice to have got it back. It seems that once you have left and they have taken your money they are no longer interested.

Stayed June 2013
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Claire B
Thank you for reviewing your holiday from last year. I was sad to read you feel we ignore our lost property section, I personally oversee this section and am happy to say I do reunite a lot of property ranging from clothes to very expensive electrical items, I take this role very seriously and will always do my best to send lost property back. Please accept my sincere apologies that your little boy’s dressing gown was never located and I can understand your frustration and as a parent and a holidaymaker myself I do understand.
We have made some fantastic changes on Combe Haven over the winter period and if you would ever like to visit us in the South East this season, I would be more than happy to help you with questions or queries regarding locations and different grades of caravan and hopefully restore your faith back with us.
Reception Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Reviewed 10 April 2014

we recently returned from a long weekend. what can I say positives - the resturant was clean food was good and staff were friendly. the caravan was clean and swimming pool was clean . Negatives the caravan was damp the bed linnen and all our clothes were damp which is not good with two small babies .there was rubbish all over the floor which included dirty nappies. the entertainment was far too loud for small children it was like being at a night club. the pool was far too cold for small children and there is no family changing facilities the only place to put a baby is the toilet not good for a "family" holiday there is a lot of hills so again not good for pushchairs and the lift to the Saracens centre was broken and looked like it had been for quite some time. the soft play area was small dirty and full of teenagers running round don't go with small children

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank gem752
Dear Gem 752

Thank you for your review of your stay at Combe Haven.
Though I was happy to read that you found the site and your caravan clean and all our team were found to be friendly. I was then sad to read your review on certain other aspects of your stay.
Our caravans on park come in many different grades starting with the standard being our oldest, this along with the superior and deluxe do not guarantee heating in the bedrooms and at this time of year they do tend to get a bit cold due the fact they have be well ventilated, I was sorry to read it affected your stay especially with your two small children, and I can assure you if you had come to see us in the reception we would have changed your linen or even checked to see whether we could have upgraded you to a holiday home with heating, and we would have certainly looked into why there was rubbish around and immediately cleaned the mess up.
I have spoken with the Leisure manager regarding your pool comments and he assures me the pool temperature is checked and recorded regularly and with regards to our Saxon centre which has recently been redecorated to a sea theme I was sorry to hear that the older children there spolit your children’s entertainment whilst in there.
You are right in saying as our park is hilly, however we have so many different areas on park which suit different guests and though the bottom was nt the best area for you, please always call any of our haven parks to find out more information on the park and request the best location.
I would really like to assure you that if you were to visit us again I would personally oversee your booking and do my best to make sure your caravan was suited to your needs next time.
Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and I wish you well.

Reception Team Leader

Travellers are raving about these Hastings hotels

London England
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were on a Sun £9.50 holiday but upgraded great value, have stayed in many caravan parks and must say this was the best we have been.

We just wanted a base to chill and look around the area, after an initial hiccup with the caravan we were moved thanks to Rebecca and were very happy with it, the park is well maintained and clean, don't really understand the bad reviews, would definitely return.

Room Tip: Would probably upgrade to deluxe if poss and in colder months as have central heeting in bedrooms &a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi KarenLondon

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we were so pleased to read you love our park as much as we all do here at Combe Haven, and that you had a great stay and enjoyed our local area. We feel we are in a fantastic location for many attractions here on the south east coast.
I have spoken with Rebecca to express your thanks for helping you out on your arrival, however I am sorry for the early inconvenience to your holiday but I was so happy to read that everything was resolved quickly for you.
It would be so lovely to welcome you back to Combe, if you have any dates in mind and would like a price we do have some fantastic offers for guests returning to us, just email on combehaventripadvisor@haven.com or call Rebecca or myself on 01424 427891 anytime we would gladly give you a quote with the extra discount for returning and over see your booking ensuring a smoother return.
I do appreciate your time in making the review and giving the tip that heating in our caravan can be essential in the colder months, I am sure this advice will help many new guests so thank you once again.
Kind Regards and hope to see you soon.
Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have recently returned from a short weekend break which was organised through the Sun. However this was all wrong and so booked directly and paid the full amount instead.
We stayed in their budget caravan which was a mistake in March as the bedrooms were freezing. Definitely upgrade if you can.
The caravan was lovely and very clean, we could not fault this.
However we stayed in the double bedroom and woke up soaking wet each morning. The duvets were soaking but we weren't sure if this was damp, condensation or a leak.
We decided not to complain as I couldn't really be bothered to move all of our stuff to another caravan for the sake of a further two nights.

The entertainment was great for the kids and the pool is really good. This part of the holiday cannot be made any better.
The parks are well maintained and they have made some improvements to the parts closest to reception. This now includes a play area and basketball court.

Overall we had a great time, despite being cold. However we should have paid to upgrade.
We have never had a bad time at a Haven camp and are really pleased. I have since emailed Haven to ask them to have a look at the caravan we were in to make sure there is no leak in the roof. They have dealt with my email promptly but am waiting for a full response.
All the staff at Haven are brillant.

Room Tip: If you are staying in March definitely upgrade so you have heating in the bedrooms, it was very damp...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Michelle H
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Combe Haven. I have passed your comments on to our accommodation team and they were delighted to know the holiday home you were in was clean and up to our haven standard.
We do indeed have a lovely new development on our top part of our park and I am so pleased you and family enjoyed every bit of it and all the entertainment during your stay
I was sorry to read that the caravan you were allocated was so cold, we do have many different graded caravans and our standard caravans which I am assuming you were in would only have the heating in the lounge. Also at this time of year we do get condensation on the windows in our caravans which can result in slight dampness however if you were to e email me on combehaventripadvisor@haven.com or call me on 01424 427891 with your reference number I would be more than happy to look into your booking and find out more about the caravan you were in.
Your feedback is invaluable and will help our future guests, so thank you again and I lok forward to hearing from you soon.

Reception Teameader
eSSEX
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This was out
Second stay at
Combe haven and we were not disappointed ! On check in we had been upgraded to a caravan with heating! Reception staff very friendly and helpful advising where to go to find your van, the park is very big so easy to lose your way!! The live lounge has something for everyone and entertainments team are great! They done there debut show on Sunday and it was very good! Saxton bar is good for sports while also have amusements to keep the kids entertained. The nice new area around the reception and pool is great, kids loved the sand play area!! Defiantly be going back to Combe haven!!!!!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank KelScott_8
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear KelScott8
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay again with us, I was so delighted to hear you and your family had another great experience and we too are extremely pleased with our new development Lagoon View and newly refurbished area outside the reception which has a fantastic new play area and multi sports pitch.
It would be so lovely to see you all again, please call us anytime when you have decided on visiting us, as we do have some great come back offers for this year and next.
Take care for now
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My family and I stayed in late march 2014 for a short week stay. We were booked into a lovely clean caravan.

The site was spotless and the staff very helpful. Sporting activities were fun although a bit pricey. The pool was spacious and clean.

Pleased to find the Saxon bar / entertainment center had a soft play area which was fun for our 12 month old baby and toddler.

The spa shop well stocked but a bit expensive but expected due to its convenience.

I feel it's an ideal caravan holiday site for families but it's a very hilly site!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank lawsy64
Dear Lawsy64
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read you and your family had a wonderful holiday and you experienced our Saxon centre, this has been recently refurbished to a sea theme and as well as the soft play area for the under 6, it also has a new range of beers for 2014, Guest Cask Ales, Live Sport every day, relaxed atmosphere with great sun terrace, Fun works Arcade, Karaoke on Friday and Saturday nights and many more planned events for the coming season.
Again we really appreciate your positive review so future guests can get a feel about our park, especially noting the hilly side of it, we are always happy to put notes on guests booking if they felt it would be an issue and we would do our utmost to allocate a good location.
If you were ever to consider visiting us again this year or in 2015 we have some fantastic offers available, call us anytime if you would like more information on 01424 427891.
Kind regards and have a wonderful summer
Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Loads for the kids to do good pool play areas fun station etc. static home roomy clean and comfy. Nice pitch and putt course outdoor pool opens on Monday the Live Lounge very good for all ages. The beach within walking distance with approx 217 restaurants/cafés to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank hicko999
Combe H, Guest Relations Manager at Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hello Hicko999
Thank you so much for the writing a wonderful review. Your feedback is invaluable and I know your comments will indeed help and encourage future guests.
I do need to just amend your comment on the outdoor pool facilities as this will open on Friday 23rd May as stated in the brochure, however we are presently using the outdoor pool for our Kayaking sessions which is a great activity to do while on park.
We hope you will think about returning to Combe Haven and if we can assist you with anything please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.
Reception Team leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
Chatsworth Hotel
Chatsworth Hotel
#10 of 11 in Hastings
Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Been to Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!