“Nice for Tea or Coffee”

Ranked #255 of 388 Restaurants in Hastings
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The views from this cafe is excellent, it's right on the beach. It makes a good tea and coffee. However I have had a few issues with them. In general the cafe is what you expect from an very English Cafe and that is basically what you want and some times I have got that. However I have had about three visits out of my 10 or so times of having a full meal there that really did not live up to scratch. I have had small dry salmon, inedible jacket potato lunch, amongst other things.
Most of the time the staff are friendly but some times are forgetful and grumpy when busy.
I will still have tea and coffee here but I think I will leave the meals to other cafés in the area.

1  Thank Dutty D

Reviewed 27 July 2014

After a long walk,it was nice to find a spot on the seafront open and serving drinks. Lovely to be able to sit down so close to the beach and have a cuppa. Nothing special, plain and simple no nonsense cafe. Only criticism is staff need to be a bit more cheerful .

1  Thank Rhett M
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A lovely spot on the beach front with what I would have thought was a captive audience. It is very small - and there seemed to be a lot going on inside between the staff. The chairs and tables were scattered about - it looked inviting.

I stood at the counter for a good few minutes before anyone even acknowledged that I was there despite three people being behind the counter. I ordered tea and coffee and went out to wait. The staff were serving food to other customers, the staff did not look happy and were plonking the food down in front of people. Ours came and my cup was filthy. I took it back and said I was sorry to be a pain but could I have another cup. One was handed to me without a word and the dirty one snatched away.

The coffee was bitter and cold. the teapot was quite frankly, grubby. Such a shame as it really is in a lovely position.

We won't walk past other establishments in future - I can't recommend this cafe.

3  Thank Biggsy510
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When everything else was shut this little gem was open. What can be better than sitting out at the beach enjoying a nice and welcome break from the walk. If the rest of Hastings followed their example it would be greatly improved.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A very nice place to stop for a bite,great aspect, any closer to the sea and you will have to swim.Sit on the prom, enjoy a latte, or a tea, and watch the world go by, and it will not cost you a fortune.