“Lovely comfortable rooms.”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Lovely comfortable rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as we were attending a wedding. I thought it was quite pricey given all the advertising "everything premier except the price"

Staff excellent friendly and welcoming. Free 30 mins wifi very useful.
Rooms spacious and clean and beds really are comfortable.

Only negatives for me were the road noise from A 21 and it was pricey in comparison to the product

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed in the hotel overnight on 10 Nov 12. Firstly the good bits. We were welcomed by the receptionist with the usual friendy and helpful attitude you come to expect at the point of arrival. She had the unfortunate duty to tell us that new wrongly worded signage which was supposed to have replaced the existing meant that we had to have a complicated and time consuming route to get to our room (7). It involved getting a lift from LG to 1st floor. Having to walk the length of two corridors at the end of which we had to decend stairs to the ground floor. We then had to walk the length of another corridor to locate ur room. Quite a complicated trek.

The room was as expected very clean and tidy. Houskeeping was up to the usual high standard. Unfortunately the water was luke warm and only tepid at best. I excused this on the evening shower but when the same happened the following morning I complained to reception as we left.

We had a very enjoyable evening meal in the Brewer's Fayre restaurant which was enhanced bt the friendly and helpful staff. Food was very good well cooked and presented.

The room was quite chilly when we arrived and it took until late evenig to get it to a warmer tempreature. The TV sound volume is controlled to level 15 and it was not quite loud enough for me. We had a good nights sleep.

Breakfast on Sunday morning was not as good as the last time we visited. It was however acceptable and again the staff were helpful and friendly. I do not know what it is with the toast machines but there always seems to be a problem. Putting a slice on for its journey through the toaster resulted it it hardly showing signs of toasting. It goes through a second time and gets inevitably burned. I am sure this could be easily rectified by selecting the appropriate settings.

Lastly I wanted to have a cup of Decaf coffee. The Costa coffee machine looked brand new and having made the selection I was asked to put a sachet into the machine. I couldn't find one and eventually the machine gave me a cup of frothy milk. I asked a waitress where the Decaf Sachet were but she said 'they've just changed it and we haven't got any Decaf coffee beans yet' Hilarious I had to have a smile. She didbhowever point out a Kenco decaf coffee tube which I stirred into the frothy milk so all worked out well in the end.

We had a very good stay in the hotel generally and I would recommend it. I am sure the signage will be sorted out in the near future and there will not be the requirement for a route march to get to your room.

Room Tip: Didn't notice any noise problems in our room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barneyb69
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times now and always found it very welcoming. The hotel rooms have been modernised with new bathroom suites etc. would recommend if going to visit Hastings. The bar & restaurant was quite but was perfect for me as I was looking a quiet meal and a drink with family. McDonalds & Sainsburys are next door, handy if you need any essentials or just fancy a burger.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a number of different rooms and would say there is no difference. Great value for...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Clean, comfortable hotel with very friendly staff. The food was what you would expect from these hotels but i've had some first hand knowledge of these kitchens and if you like real mash don't go for mash in these hotel resturants as they just add water to it. Most of the food it pre cooked and only certain items a re cooked freshly, but hey it's cheap and cheerful.

But the rooms on the otherhand are very nice and i would certainly stay there again. They guarentee a good night or your money back. The only down side to the room was the creaking of some floor boards when people passed the room door but that was only minimal.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

good night guarantee offered after poor sleep on too hard bed. Half price in return as compensation meaning that the guarantee actually works and is not only for show. Eventually a soft bed top matrass bought and paid for by the hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. The WiFi offered and sold was very poor, complicated and down from time to time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Does what it advertises. Very clean, bed clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and available. Would stay again if visiting family in Hastings.
I was not over impressed with the evening meal I had. I was not able to have a baked potato because it was after a certain time. Some of the items on the menu were unavailable due to a delivery problem. I would have preferred to have more salad options, as I didn't feel the menu was particularly healthy. Overall the hotel provides a very good service at a good price. The bed was very comfortable, it is a very quiet hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms carry a guarantee that the hotel is quiet. I stayed for three nights and did not hear any...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Frankfort, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed two nights while in Hastings for a family birthday celebration and found the hotel to provide all the basics. The bed was firm and comfortable. Parking was convenient. Slept well in quiet comfort. Was a bit disappointed at the limited wi-fi access (30" free with room) but otherwise thought this suited our purposes well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family