“Not such a pleasant stay”

Premier Inn Hastings Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked this room in June for 2 nights. Had no idea the rooms had no air con.

Email 1 night before stay saying something like "we hope you're looking forward to staying with us - as we have no air con and it's hot we have...."

Have 2 fans for 4 people is really not enough to keep cool in the night.

The corridor was definitely cooler by at least 5 degrees.

Have always had a comfy stay here, but the lack of air con made it unbearable with 2 children in the soaring July heat.

Needs a refit to deal with the excessive temperatures.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here last weekend for my son's wedding. Our double room was really nice. Spotlessly clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Supplied with 2 fans as no air con and was in the middle of a heat wave. An iron would have been appreciated to press our outfits which had been stuffed in a suitcase for 7 hours but overall a really nice place and the staff were lovely. Next to main road which was very noisy even at 6am Sunday morning.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Have stayed here on a number of occasions. Yet again the overall experience was very good. Of course you get what you pay for and I don't think you get better value anywhere else. I would stay here again and recommend it to others

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Booked a Holiday at a caravan park, Monday to Friday as it,s a long drive decided to drive down on Sunday so booked in at Hastings ( to give us a full day on Monday ) Staff were top class room was fantastic. When we got to our caravan park, ( Nightmare ) Wife refused too stay so phoned Premier inn. and they reserved a room for us for week. ( just in case we could,nt get things sorted )so so helpfull. To cut a long story short we moved sites. But thinking might just book hols next year at a Premier inn. we only use caravan as a bed for night as were out all day. Food in restaurant lovely and if you don't like a big breakfast Mc D's just across car park. but worth stopping just for the polite and helpfull staff.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Very friendly and efficient staff at check-in, housekeeping made a point of saying good morning from along the corridor.
Clean and spcious - ideal for a short stay in a comfortable environment. very quiet room too. Good value for the area at this time of year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I both in our late sixties arrived on the eighth of July for a four night stay after a 250 mile drive from North Devon.
At check in the receptionist was very nice and gave us our room number and then gave us instructions on how to find our room, We were unable to use the lifts as my wife gets claustrophobic so using the stairs we went in search of our room, number 3, it took us some time to find as we had to change floor levels several times, very tiring.
When we finally found our room we found it to be first class and what's more very cool, bearing in mind the extremely hot weather, there were fans provided but we didn't need to use them
When we went down to the restaurant for breakfast we had the continental choice which also was first class, the staff were all very pleasant which made this visit very enjoyable.
Apart from the long journey for rooms 1 to 9 I recommend this hotel as you would not get better
if you went to a more expensive one and paid double the price. Well done Premier Inn.
PS. I would suggest that the management print a map for users of rooms 1 to 9.

Room Tip: If you are not good on you legs avoid rooms 1 to 9
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I arrived late and reception were very helpful. They helped to carry my bags and escorted me to my room. (With hindsight this was probably so I didn't disturb the other guests.)
My route was in the lift up one floor along multiple hallways, over the bridge over the carpark and down a flight of stairs. I read this before I went and thought they must be exaggerating but with heavy cases and 2 children this would have been a bad route. The receptionist let me in the fire exit and the restaurant manager helped to carry my bags.

The room
The room was a standard size. It was serviced well with very polite staff who were very happy to help with anything. The rooms over in this block are right by the carpark. The restaurant is very popular and results in a constant stream of people getting into their cars, some were pretty noisy. They have a problem with squeaky floor boards above room 4, they say they are having them replaced. The person staying there got up at 4am every morning and woke me up. I had one night refunded through their guaranteed good night sleep policy.

Restaurant
The breakfast was great. It was eat as much as you like full English buffet. Towards the end of the buffet they make whatever you want to order so you don't get cold food. Kids eat free which is also great.
Dinner, was a bit different. It is very busy and the menu items are pretty good although the special buffets were poor. I tried pie night but in my view all were pretty inedible, the lamb pie had hard potatoes, the fish pie was very strong parsley and the cottage pie lacked meat.

Room Tip: Don't stay over the carpark
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family