The White Rock Hotel
Senlac Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$87
Number 46(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$84
Sherwood Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Town House Rooms(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$74
Travelodge Hastings(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$62
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$88
US$84
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
Hastings House(Hastings)
US$194
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdog friendly hotelsea viewold townfamily suitecafe barcar parkthird floorsea frontwatching the worldseafront roomlate checkroad noisereception deskcomfortable hotellarge bathroomtwin roomtea coffee making facilities
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and found our room which was at the back very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately due to the very strong winds on the Saturday night I was kept awake by the banging of a loose part in the air vent in the bathroom. When I went to mention this the next day, the girl on reception couldn't have been more helpful and we were moved to a sea facing room at no extra cost. Yes, the road was very noisy but it is a main road and there's nothing that the hotel can do! The view more than made up for this and look in the other direction if you don't want to see the pier!

The breakfasts were plentiful and very nice. I would certainly come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and the location is ideal for the beach, shops and Old Town. We booked a Superior Room with sea views and that is what we got. Unfortunately the current sea view is of a half burnt-down pier, which i appreciate the hotel cannot be held accoubtable for, however what we weren't prepared for was the noise. The main road in/out of Hastings is extremely busy, and up until 4am we were kept awake by fast moving traffic from the road below. I would seriously suggest to those thinking of staying here either to invest in some ear-plugs, or forgo the beautiful view and choose a room at the back. This aside, the room was clean and tidy, with an excellent selection of teas and coffees and free water in the fridge. The hotel also proudly advertises itself as " pet friendly ". I rather naively didn't give this much thought when i booked, however i was soon reminded of it when i walked into reception to see 2 dogs and a cat behind the counter. Not only that, when i went down for breakfast the next morning i was horrified to find the restaurant full of dogs the size of small ponies and people eating breakfast with dogs on their lap. The conversation among the guests resembled a Crufts Appreciation Society as they proudly displayed their animals, however if you are allergic to animal fur, as I am, you may want to consider this before you book. This may seem rather a negative post however the hotel is clean, well-appointed and presented, the staff are polite and welcoming, and the food is acceptable so i wouldn't rule it out, particularly if you are a hard-of-hearing animal lover !!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobSueDan
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Stayed here for one night at the end of February.

I rang up the day before to book a room and talked to a friendly girl on reception. She advised me that there was only kingsize rear-view rooms left at £84 per night which sounded fine. She gave me all the relevant information regarding check in/breakfast etc. I gave my card details to secure the room (no payment is taken until you check out)

We arrived at check in only for there to be a lot of confusion and for it to emerge that for some reason our booking hadn't gone through. Whose fault this was wasn't exactly clear as the person I'd talked to apparently wasn't going to be in until the next day. Luckily the room we'd booked was available so it all worked out fine. However...it was a little worrying to think that had there been no rooms available our night away could have potentially been ruined. The man on reception was nice though so I'm not complaining about the staff but I think the booking system needs to be looked at so this doesn't potentially mess up someone's stay.

The room was nice, even though it faced onto the car-park so you had to make sure the curtains were closed whilst getting dressed! I actually think that the website pictures don't really do this hotel justice as it's a lot more contempory inside than the website would suggest. The bathroom in particular was really nicely done.

It's about a 15 minute walk to the old town of Hastings along the seafront.

Breakfast is not included in the room but guests get 20% off. We had a full english with tea/coffe and a juice for about £7 each which I thought was pretty good value.

All in all I'd recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there if I visited Hastings again. Unfortunately I can't quite give 5 stars as I just think it was slightly poor practice what happened with the booking, but like with anything mistakes happen and hopefully it was just a one off human error.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed in a family room for two nights during February half-term. Our room was excellently planned - a king-sized double room separated from the twin bedroom by the spacious bathroom - a clever idea for those like me who don't want to be kept awake by a 10 year-old snoring! The rooms were spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is just a short walk from the centre of Hastings and the beach is just across the road. The "full Audrey", the hotel's cooked breakfast, was well-cooked and plentiful. Like a lot of UK seaside resorts out of season, Hastings was not looking its best in February, but the White Rock Hotel was fresh, clean and very welcoming.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We live in Hastings and I took my wife for a lunch to the White Rock Hotel. We have family coming over from Spain and we are looking for a place to put them up for a week. Fantastic location, great reviews on TA and a good reputation. I am not complaining; but the hotel did not meet our expectations.

No staff in the reception desk for 5 minutes, so we made our way to the bar / restaurant. Most of the tables not cleared / dirty and no service at the table. We found a clean table in a corner and ordered drinks at the bar, average service with a young and not too experienced team.

There was a gentlemen who seemed to be in charge talking to the staff in shorts and sandals? It was busy and the atmosphere was good, quite a few dogs in the bar / terrace which they allow, all dogs behaved very well, so no problem.

Food menu a bit basic for a hotel this size, but the food was great and absolutely value for money. Service again let us down, food was put on the table without cutlery, condiments or even a 'enjoy your meal'.

The entire hotel is 'non smoking' including the outside terrace. It is even mentioned on the menu that the hotel is happy recomending other bars / restaurants in town with a smoking area available. Fantastic, this shows a lot of character.

The prices of the rooms seem very reasonable. If you are looking for a family hotel it might be the right place. Cleanliness and service really let us down, if not we would have booked our family in.

We will try again in the future and give a second change, but not recommend at the moment.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple