The White Rock Hotel
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$151
Hotels.com
US$119
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$125
PremierInn.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Lansdowne(Hastings)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdog friendly hotelsea viewold townfamily suitecafe barcar parkthird floorsea frontwatching the worldseafront roomlate checkroad noisereception deskcomfortable hotellarge bathroomtwin roomtea coffee making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We've stayed here a few times before for the beer festival and have always liked it. They have a two night weekend rule but in the past you could ring up a few days before and get a one night booking if any rooms were free. We wanted to do the same this time and called up a week before to enquire, we were told to call back three days before the date we wanted. We called up three days before and were told to call back on the Saturday morning. We called on the Saturday morning and they had two rooms free so started to process our booking but said the system wouldn't allow it and that the manager would call us back in a hour. No phone call so we called back at midday and were told the rooms were still available but they were holding out for a two night booking so we had to call back at 5pm. So annoying that they weren't honest from the outset as we wouldn't have bothered calling back at all! Big angry grrrrrrrrrr for the White Rock.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BoneyScamp
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for my birthday weekend. We normally just head for a cheap and cheerful b&b, but seeing as it was a 'special' weekend we decided to opt for something a little more special. So we chose an upgraded double room with a sea view at this hotel. And to be fair, it didn't cost vastly more than a b&b would, although of course this was room only, so no food.

But it was clean and bright, well maintained and comfortable. If you don't arrive early enough, parking COULD be an issue. We managed to park in the hotel's own car park, but there is only room for a handful of cars. Late arrivals need to use an underground car park over the road, although I believe you can get a ticket from reception to cover your stay, so it may not be an issue after all.

The hotel is conveniently located for the town and the beach. The theatre is next door, and the pier is immediately across the road, although of course it is sadly a burnt out wreck at this moment in time.

A very pleasant stay and we may well come here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

There's lots going for this hotel: clean with comfy beds, friendly staff and a seafront position. But some basics need attention. The bathroom door in our room didn't close properly. I was assured someone would go and look at it. Did they? Nobody bothered to tell me. There were other maintenance issues, none of them major in themselves but indicative of a lack of care.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Convenient Hotel and right on sea front with sea views from room. Superior Bedroom( £94 per night) which clean and large enough for visit-bath and shower with all bathroom accessories left. All staff were very efficient and only too pleased to help. We did leave a shopping bag in the bar and it was kept behind reception for collection as no identification on bag. Did not eat in restaurant
as we ate out all the time. Spent most evenings in the bar after returning late from days out and service was excellent.
Visited Royal Tunbridge Wells and it most enjoyable day out. Hoopers Department Store was
better than most large high street department stores-well stocked and staff extremely helpful-
all purchases were individually wrapped. Many independent shops and places to eat.
Also visited Rye which is lovely even though small-quite a few houses and shops/public houses
were 400 years old.
5 Day break was enjoyable but the weather was absolutely terrible. Usually stay with wife's cousin but their children came over from America so stayed in hotel which was short distance from their house in old hastings.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor with sea views and I imagine it is lovely in good weather. Room opposite burnt out pier which has received lottery grant for rebuild-when is any bodies business.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed there for two nights on a business trip, although the view was nice expect for the crumbling pier, the food was terrible, at breakfast time I had a full 'Audrey' firstly the bacon was so overcooked I could snap it in half, the eggs and mushrooms were in so much oil it was like they were submerged, as you can imagine I was not happy at least it was included in my room rate. I thought I would give them another chance so I decided to have dinner with my friend, I wish I hadn't, the risotto looked like a cat had thrown up on the plate with a horrible side salad, my friend ordered Salmon and again it was so overcooked it was bone dry and the new potatoes to go with it were hard like bullets, not to mention the extortionately priced white wine that tasted like dishwater. Also we had dogs walking back and forth past our table which was so off-putting and unhygienic needless to say I was happy when we left.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business