“Curtious staff, lovely rooms, and convenient!”
Review of White Rock Hotel

and 1 more site!
White Rock Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

My partner an I stayed here for a night last minute. The hotel was busy because of there being a seafood festival in town. The rooms were cozy and modern, loved the iPhone dock! Bathroom was huge! Wish I had time for a bath, the tub looked relaxing. The only fault I had with the hotel was the noise. Either people were loud or the walls are thin! We wante to take advantage of the noon check out and sleep in, but that didn't happen, between the noise in the car park, and the noise in the hall, we gave up by 8am. Even so, I'd still stay here again, it was a little pricy, but it was clean and comfortable and the staff was absolutely lovely!

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, we are regulars to Hastings and was our first time at this hotel! Welcomed by a lovely receptionist who walked us to our room-Luckily as the long narrow corridors are quite confusing and not very well sign posted. She did warn us the lift was small.... We used it once and not again!
Room was lovely, spacious and clean with an AMAZING view!
Great facilities in room- perfect for a few nights stay.
The only downside to our experience were the noisy housekeepers talking and hoovering outside the room at 9am!! And then attempting to enter our room at 10am! Whilst we were still in bed -much to our horror as check out states 12 upon booking!

1  Thank Fi_0491
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Just one night, but a very pleasant experience in a hotel opposite the burnt out pier of Hastings. I am told they intend to rebuilt one day.
The room was very pleasant, spacious and clean.
Staff very pleasant and I will use the same hotel on next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room on second floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent room, excellent breakfast, excellent lunch and real ale on tap. Views will be improved when the pier has been finished, but this in no way lessened our enjoyment of our stay. We'll definately be stopping there next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Helpfull staff, good room, with nice Ipod dock and all, overlooking the sea (and unfortunatelly the burnt down Pier). Easy access to the old town, mall, rail station and just about everything that could interest Hastings visitors.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst on business. The receptionist who checked me in was very friendly and showed me to my room. I stayed in room 115 which looks onto an enclosed back yard surrounded by flats or other rooms. The bedroom itself was clean once I killed the 2 flies which greeted my arrival. The bathroom was clean and offered my the chance of a bath or shower which I like. I dined in the restaurant on my first night and had the lamb which I was disappointed with but the veg was cooked to perfection. I was surprised that I had paid for room only despite me requesting B&B when booking. I do think some of the hotel staff would be more welcoming and friendly. Parking to the rear is very limited but ample cheap parking close by.
I stay away on business 3-4 nights per week travelling the country so I am able to compare quite a few hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Spent 5 days here in mid August
All areas of hotel lovely and modern
Staff excellent
Breakfasts gorgeous except they did run out of certain cereals a lot
Rooms clean and spacious with brilliant showers
Easy access to town and lovely views of sea
Lots of interesting places around
Would def return