“Best Travelodge I have stayed out”

Travelodge Hastings
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Best Travelodge I have stayed out”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have stayed at a number of travelodges and this is by far the best. All clean, friendly and welcoming. Myself and my 2 boys were in a family room in the basement which was perfect for our needs and spacious for the 3 of us. One king bed and two single.

The food was a new menu and we were some of the first to try it. Really enjoyed it, both my boys wanted the adult food but my 5 year old did not like the stuff crust on the pizza. The children's menu did look good though.

Beryl in the bar was super. Very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was just what I expect in a travelodge, totally inoffensive and served it's purpose. It looks like you could take it back to your room if you wanted to as well.

Just all round friendly staff and fantastic service. We will be back next time we are in Hastings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

No complaints about the standard of accommodation BUT the 'burger' served fro the 24 hour menu was probably the worst I have ever had- more like a crisp. Also to be charged £6 for parking is ab it much on top of the hotel fee- alternative was parking outside on the main London Road. I stayed 25/26 April 2014.
More seriously, I was daft enough to leave my laptop charger behind in Room 008, but pleased to receive a call the same morning when I was 100 miles on my road, saying to send an addressed jiffy bag and it would be posted. No mention of postal charge, but I enclosed £5 to cover this and posted it on 28 April.
Nothing arrived by May 7, so not willing to be ripped off by Travelodge's 0871 phone access (there is no email facility) I wrote to the hotel direct. Again, no reply!
In early June I wrote to HQ in Milton Keynes as per the website.
You've guessed it, again no reply.
So I lost my charger, £8 and have lost confidence in Travelodge altogether- such behaviour is inexcusable

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank john g
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Hastings, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review john g. We are very sorry to learn of the poor experience you had at our hotel. The food we offer in our bar cafes is also standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present it so it is regrettable to learn that the food did not meet with your expectations. We are also very sorry to learn of the difficulty you have had in obtaining your charger and we would like to take this opportunity to investigate this matter in more detail. In order to do so, please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean but spartan and stuffy. Car park is big but operated by the council and is unkempt and uncared for. It's also 3 Pounds for 24 hours, 24 hours of WiFi is also 3 pounds so that's six on your bill already. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The public areas are not that clean, the stairs hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in weeks! Budget price but I won't be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ozpromoman
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel is a bit of an uphill schlep if arriving by train but once you arrive you are assured of a warm welcome.My first stay in a Travelodge was pleasantly surprising having believed them to be the poor relation to Premier Inn.The room was spotless if rather hot.A small fan was obtained from reception but air con is really needed on a hot and humid day,especially as the window only opens a few inches.
The room was certainly basic compared to Premier Inn but also £10 a night cheaper (double) plus the bed was far more comfortable than PI's.Furniture consisted of a chair and a clothes rail with a 24" TV.Bathroom was fine.The staff were really friendly and Hastings is great!

Room Tip: Unless I missed it ,there didn't appear to be a lift,although there are only 2 floors.Elderly or...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank theflyingswan
Buckie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful, room was decent size and clean, within walking distance to seafront and many attractions, good value for money, would have liked more than half an hour free wifi daily also a fridge would have been handy, otherwise had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Patron30
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here, and I have slept in over 35 travelodges.. I found this the best by Farr. Big car park, bar, and excellent meals... Not just another rough old stay.. Such a pleasant stay. The staff are excellent, the building is nice n clean, hopefully be back soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Antonycarr
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business and found it to meet all my requirements. Feels a bit like it's in the middle of nowhere but shops within easy walking distance if you turn left out of the hotel. Room was comfortable and really clean. Food was keenly priced and tasty. All staff friendly and helpful. Spot on for the price. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business