“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Hastings
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rude manager, dirty bed sheets, blood on pillow for 2 days then turned over pillow, starters forgot, main food like cardboard, very stuffy rooms hardly any ventilation,. The reception guy, once booked my wife and I in, was around back smoking, 30 mins later he was warming up the food sent in by a suncontractor, in between serving food, wiping tables serving drinks behind bar, no food standards at all.
Finally after leaving a second meal, that the manager he would not eat, as he only eat fresh products, even making his own bread, the only thing that we found fresh was the dried up tomatoes on heat plate covered by ill fitting plastic lids at breakfast. This travel Lodge is more like a poor working mans hostel !!.
The manager, would not except any complaints at all, he was so concerned that my wife and I were discussing this travel lodge that he returned at midnight asking us to leave !!!!, in front of 11 other guest, (4 of whom gave there details to us)
Over all the worse experience I have ever had or heard of from any overnight stay. DO NOT USE

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
15  Thank 1WorldwideTraveller

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our previous stay here was several years and since them the accommodation has been much improved. It is still a little sparse in the bedroom but more than adequate at the price. Breakfast was good. Only one gripe, is it really necessary to charge for parking? Very few visitors would be arriving without a car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent six days in a clean, comfortable, large and well-equipped room. The staff went out of the way to make our stay pleasant and to address any problems. The breakfasts and dinner were outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Reception staff were friendly and helpful, went the extra mile and offered us a nice quiet room at the back of the hotel. Room was clean and as you'd expect from a travelodge, location wise it's away from the town and the seafront, probably about 15 minute stroll to George street.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The receptionist was lovely ....... We were directed down into the lowest floor of the building down a flight of stairs and we were told it was because it would be cooler for us. Translation - no air con... well none that we could find and it would have appreciated at 3am the following morning....

The room itself was clean and tidy, the bathroom extremely small and the shower was awful, the shower tray hardly any depth to it at all so water just splashed everywhere which we felt was dangerous.

The evening menu looked ok and after our long drive we thought we'd eat in at the Travel Lodge. The beer was flat and they apparently don't serve lager shandy in halves (I mean come on, how difficult is it to make up half pint a lager shandy?). The food took forever to arrive but it was ok (earlier the cook had been serving at reception)

The bed was better than Premier Inn's beds but the pillows were awful and uncomfortable so I didn't have a comfortable night at all.

The following morning we had an "all you can eat breakfast" .... I will tell you now, you will not go back for seconds..

The staff were pleasant and to be honest they tried their utmost with what they have been given to work with. So praise to them.

The actual stay would have been an "ok" one however, another guest was an embarrassment. He claimed to be a Tripadvisor Rep.... Really? Well if his behaviour and attitude is typical of a Tripadvisor Rep, it's shameful. He complained about the beer (to be truth my husband agreed with that one). He complained about the steak and ale pie and when the manager approached him, the "gentleman" threw his pie onto the floor claiming it was "crap"..... I have a granddaughter with more manners than that! It got him what he wanted though.... oh yes, a free drink and meal. Is this how the Rep's work? With people like this "gentleman" staying, the staff have my sympathy as this sort of behaviour from any guest is uncalled for.

2  Thank Jean B
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Described as refurbished, the building still seems tired but the rooms are clean and adequately large. What was a delightful surprise was the service! Everyone was just so helpful and keen to help from room staff, reception and in the breakfast room. It made my stay special and I will be back for more. The only strange feature was the carpark which is subcontracted so you have to pay by using a machine. You cannot pay the hotel. I cannot believe anyone would use the carpark unless staying so why they do not just increase the room charge I do not understand.

Room Tip: Back is quietest
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have stayed at a number of travelodges and this is by far the best. All clean, friendly and welcoming. Myself and my 2 boys were in a family room in the basement which was perfect for our needs and spacious for the 3 of us. One king bed and two single.

The food was a new menu and we were some of the first to try it. Really enjoyed it, both my boys wanted the adult food but my 5 year old did not like the stuff crust on the pizza. The children's menu did look good though.

Beryl in the bar was super. Very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was just what I expect in a travelodge, totally inoffensive and served it's purpose. It looks like you could take it back to your room if you wanted to as well.

Just all round friendly staff and fantastic service. We will be back next time we are in Hastings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family