“The magic is on the inside”

and 1 more site!
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My new husband wanted to treat me to something fab............... and it was in everyway as I stayed here the night before my wedding - with my Bridesmaid - and the night of my wedding. The Hotel is a real experience and you feel very spoilt. The Breakfasts are amazing and they will bring the full choice to your room if you wish. Which is great if you want to eat snuggled in the bathrobes supplied.

Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

After just getting back from this hotel I have to say I was quite disappointed. My initial reaction to the room was that it was very cramped (staying in Bali), the shower being in the bedroom was far from ideal and there was no mention of it in any of the literature. Not great for a romantic getaway. The small room off the bedroom for sink and shower had great issues with the lighting, intermittent and when asked to be resolved worked for all of 5mins. The room backed onto the garden area but what was described as tranquil was not such with noise from outside coming straight through the glass. I was expecting a boutique hotel and what I got was a b&b, which definitely served purpose but was not worth the £250plus spent there. Service was fine, breakfast ok after sending back once, little touches like paper in room with breakfast lovely, HAMMAM shower was also nice as was the bed which was comfortable. Also to add, the flooring here is tiles which made the room quite cold. Kettle was situated in a large, beautiful wardrobe and although nice idea, was not practical. We did eat in the restaurant which was yummy, very quiet. We had a great weekend which was the main thing but wished we had a seaview room which may have made up for all the other niggles. :(

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We had a lovely time at Zanzibar Hotel (on a recommendation from a friend). The B&B is situated on the sea-front and a short, pleasant walk away from the old town.

The service was fantastic and the breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the various rooms.....there may be a choice
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J-Rock_83
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The only reason I'm giving this 5 is because they don't let you give it 6. We stayed in the Manhattan room for a special occasion and this room and hotel certainly made it a wonderful celebration.

Where to begin...

The bed was huge, extremely comfortable with high quality linen. There were thoughtful extras such as slippers, gown, beach towels, mood lighting etc. The bath was absolutely enormous and a wonderfully romantic addition to the room. The shower was also fit for 2 and had raindrop style overhead water, along with other sprays coming in sideways and a traditional, moveable shower head. You could control which of these you had on. The toiletries supplied were Elemis which are spa quality, adding to the feel of being pampered.

The living area has a really well stocked kitchen (not that we used it!), a working jukebox with an aquarium coffee table and the most spectacular views. From the windows all that could be seen was the sea - it was completely unobstructed. Wow!

The owner was extremely helpful and friendly. I felt as though nothing was too much trouble. He has that knack of making you feel like a special guest. We used room service throughout our stay and it was always prompt. We had complimentary glasses of prosecco upon arrival and more with our breakfast too. The breakfast was amazing. I didn't know a fry-up could look so elegant. The quality of the ingredients was obvious. This was not cheap ole supermarket bacon and cage-hen eggs. We really appreciated the option of having breakfast in our room.

We ate at the restaurant for our evening meal and the food quality was impeccable.

If you're looking for a wild weekend or a hectic sight-seeing few days then this isn't for you. But if a romantic, peaceful hideaway is your thing then you simply can't do better than this.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We arrived on a Friday evening; I was pretty drained after my flight so we decided to spoil ourselves by having dinner in our room, the Africa room. The food was superb, as was the service, and the room was extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated.

We went for a wander around the old part of Hastings which was just a short walk up the promenade, enjoying a bit of local history and enjoying the sights, plus of course the cute little shops in quaint George street.

The room itself was a delight with spectacular views over the Hastings coast. It was very difficult to leave it's confines, the comfy huge bed and jacuzzi to go out exploring.

The Pier 9 restaurant on the ground floor is a gem - couldn't fault a thing we ate there. A truly delicious treat every time, and an imaginative menu made eating there a memorable experience.

The staff are attentive and have an eye for detail. They seem to go out of their way to make you feel at home.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Zanzibar.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in the Japan room and loved it. We were arriving late on the Friday night and called ahead to make sure they didn't think we weren't coming. Max, the owner saved us a table at the restaurant even though it was packed out, and couldn't have been more helpful at a time when I'm sure the staff were hoping to be finishing up for the night. The restaurant is amazing and we ate 5 meals there over the course of the weekend. The Japan room was great, perfect for a weekend away. It was very very clean and has loads of DVDs to take to the room when it rains....whcih it did.....a lot. If you have trouble with stairs it would be best to get one of the lower level rooms as there is no lift, but that's the only downside...if that kind of thing affects you. We will absolutely definitely return and really want to try out the other rooms. The staff are all knowledgable about the area and fun to speak to. Definitely go if you want something slightly different.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have just spent my wedding weekend staying in the Manhattan suite, and wow what can I say. The place is amazing. From the initial check-in to leaving, the staff were constantly available and ready to help. The garden and restaurant provided an area to relax and indulge.
I can honestly say if I am in a position to, I would definitely stay here again. The ideal place for a weekend retreat, with every comfort you can think of.
Well done Zanzibar you hotel is simply put, Out of this world

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Royal Victoria Hotel
The Mermaid Inn
Chatsworth Hotel
Chatsworth Hotel
#10 of 11 in Hastings

Been to Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings? Share your experiences!