Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
Lansdowne(Hastings)
The Northern Hotel(Bexhill-on-Sea)
  • Room Service
All reviewssouth americajapan roommanhattan suitechampagne breakfastthemed roomswelcome drinkglass of proseccobucks fizzpier restaurantfish tankon arrivalthe penthousecoffee tablerestaurant downstairsbreakfast in bedspa bathspiral staircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Nothing but praise. Staff lovely, we were offered DVDs and books to borrow apron arrival, along with a nice glass of cava. Room was awesome! Food was impeccable and there is a lovely garden area. Breakfast in bed was the best experience I've had in a hotel it is brought right to your room on huge trays to eat in bed, the room is such a high standard could not find any fault. I am going to go back there soon...and I live 10 minutes from the hotel. Its not about the location it's all about the experience. Incredible. Truly.

Room Tip: Each room is themed....check which ones to your fancy. We stayed in Morocco room which had a mezzanine. Amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie R
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Thank you zanzibar, we spent our engagement night with you in the manhattan room, and bought our friends with us for our wedding, this hotel was our only choice for venue and once again was faultless.

Room Tip: The rooms are exactly as you would imagine plys more
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate A
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed in the Japan room for our anniversary and the whole experience was amazing! We were personally greeted by the owner, Max, and he and all his staff could not do enough for us. We ate in their restaurant, Pier Nine and again the food was fantastic. The personal touch of the staff fully compliment the boutique style of the hotel. We will definitely be back and advising all our friends to go.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Cannot rate this hotel enough, it is really wonderful. We stayed in the Africa Room which has the most amazing sea view. The room was large, light and airy. The on-suite bathroom also had a sea view! The flatscreen TV was huge.

We received a very warm welcome including some gratefully received drinks, which were brought up to our room. We loved the little note we received each morning reminding us of what time we had booked breakfast and suggested places to visit.

The breakfasts were wonderful and the champagne was a real indulgence. In fact the glasses were so large my husband and I shared one. The choice of breakfast was excellent. You could have breakfast in your room (at no extra charge) but we decided to eat in the dining room which was beautifully decorated with more lovely sea views.

We ate in the hotel for all of our stay (we booked the DBB package). The herring starter was amazing and the best we've eaten. The only downside of our entire stay was that a large number of the main courses had repeat sides: namely mashed potato of some degree. The ice cream was disappointing but the cheese board was huge (but did come with a £2 supplement).

Despite previous reviews and reports we didn't find this part of Hastings/St Leonards to be run down or unpleasant. In fact we enjoyed walking along the sea front.

Room Tip: Do book a sea view, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

'Great atmosphere, interior and staff incl. owner/manager. And the view in the morning from bed to sea! Dining with live music, very good. A real gem where we did not expect it.
This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review. This is my review.

Room Tip: check their website, you'll find all you need to make your choice! Seeview is best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple