“A little slice of heaven”

Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A little slice of heaven”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I surprised my husband for his 40th birthday with a stay at the Zanzibar Hotel. I was looking for somewhere with the wow factor to really spoil him and that is exactly what we got. Max and his staff are so welcoming we even got treated to an upgrade. The room was amazing, the huge bath was a real treat. We felt like celebrities. The food was outstanding and the champagne breakfast in our room was such a treat. I highly recommend this gorgeous hotel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The Guardian said "small" and "stylish" and both are true but also add "excellent food" and "outstanding service" to your expectations. We will stay again!! We spent 3 nights at the Zanzibar. We stayed in the South America room and our daughter and her partner in Africa...both were excellent. Champagne breakfast every morning was superb and dinner in the restaurant of a very high standard indeed. All of the staff were attentive, friendly and efficient...small hotels simply do not get better than this.

Room Tip: base your decision on the pictures on the hotel website they are a true reflection of the rooms
1 Thank JimandLynda
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I took a friend to Pier 9 for dinner because I wanted to say a big thank you, and I wanted our evening to be very special. I couldn't have chosen better, the food,wine and service was everything I could have wished for and I couldn't recommend the restaurant more highly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Zanzibar may be small but it is perfect in all aspects. Friendly and welcoming staff, comfortable rooms with all amenities and Pier Nine has really excellent food. The breakfast and evening meal menus catered for all tastes and were well balanced, prepared and presented. Our two night stay here was top notch. I would certainly stay here again if I was visiting Hastings rather than in a chain hotel. Well done Zanzibar 10 out of 10 from us!.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, we were in Bali, are overlooked and close to the garden area. Not a problem as yo...
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Me and my partner visited this hotel for my birthday meal. I have visited several 5 star establishments both hotels and resturants and this was up there with the best of them. We only ate there but the atmosphere was extremely relaxed so you can actually focus on the fact that you are eating amazing tasting food. From the decor to the lighting and music I would highly reccommend this resturant.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Well we wanted a few days in Hastings in a boutique hotel, The Zanzibar is just that, I think it's got 8 rooms all with different names, and each very individual. We were in Manhatten it was an apartment, with a lovely Buddha sat in the hall, a lovely bath and the water to fill it came from the ceiling, a huge very comfortable bed, a juke box, and a coffee table with goldfish swimming in it. There is a huge choice for breakfast you fill a form out the night before saying what you want at what time, if you want it in the dining room or your room, and what newspaper you would like this is under your door at 8.00am with a printout of that days weather, and ideas as to what to do for the day. Max the owner is so young but a very clever business man, and very nice with it, helpful, and knows his stuff, I can't recommend the Zanzibar strongly enough, you have to go, the restaurant is Piernine I will review that under restaurants all very impressive.

Room Tip: Manhattan, Something Else.
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Nothing but praise. Staff lovely, we were offered DVDs and books to borrow apron arrival, along with a nice glass of cava. Room was awesome! Food was impeccable and there is a lovely garden area. Breakfast in bed was the best experience I've had in a hotel it is brought right to your room on huge trays to eat in bed, the room is such a high standard could not find any fault. I am going to go back there soon...and I live 10 minutes from the hotel. Its not about the location it's all about the experience. Incredible. Truly.

Room Tip: Each room is themed....check which ones to your fancy. We stayed in Morocco room which had a mezzani...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple