“A sea-front must-see!!”

and 1 more site!
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner & I travel frequently for business and pleasure, so we stay in all kinds of hotels. However, this is the first time I've taken the time to review one. Max and his staff could not have provided better service. The sea views were stunning, and the interior design was as good as anything you would see in a magazine. We stayed in the penthouse room 'Manhattan', and were blown away. From the goldfish swimming in the coffee table to a fully-functioning jukebox to the spa-inspired bathroom....every design decision in this large room was incredibly well thought out- right down to the light dimming blinds over the sky lights. When it was time to leave, we were not ready to go. We will definitely stay there again and encourage you to try it. You won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Take the Penthouse room called 'Manhattan'!!
There are newer reviews for Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings

Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a find! We were so impressed with the service, standard and attention to detail. We stayed for one night in the Moroccan room - it was superb and so authentic. We loved having a separate living room and bedroom area on the mezzanine level. After a hectic weekend, we took advantage of being in such a unique room and the extensive DVD library - great idea for tired travellers. We couldn't believe how much thought had gone into the room and service - selection of food and drink goodies, dressing gowns, toiletries, breakfast choice, newspapers, welcome drink etc - it's definitely been put together by experienced travellers. Breakfast was excellent. Didn't get a chance to try the restaurant but it looked very nice. Max and his team were so helpful and friendly, going above and beyond, even returning my jacket to me for no charge after I left it behind! Looking forward to returning and trying a different room maybe, although we recommend the Moroccan room.

1  Thank LeicesterLeics
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel has a great location just 30 seconds away from the sea, it is a great place to relax and unwind. From the outside you may think that the hotel will not be great, but once inside it’s a completely different story. We stayed for two nights and was a great place with room with different themes. We stayed in the Morocco room and it was nice and tastefully decorated in the Moroccan theme. But there was a few things which may not to be everyone’s taste. The only down side for us is that the toilet and sink area was tiny, not the fault of the hotel more the space which is available. Also the bed area was upstairs which has a low ceiling and the stairs on the way up were slightly daunting as the moved with every step you took. Restaurant on site is a good place to be and the breakfast was delightful. All the staff very helpful and would recommend a two night stay or more if you don’t live local. Make sure you go to the crazy golf available 10 minutes’ walk away also 30 minutes away camber sands, the best beach I been to in the UK. I would recommend either the studio apartment or the sea facing rooms as they are much larger in space and have allot better views than other rooms. Please note there is not air con but a fan in the room, maybe very hot around summer.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a sea view room, or apartment...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have eaten here several times and am always more than happy with the food. The restaurant décor is outstanding and the outside area is lovely...the food is amazing! Sunday roast is by far the best I have ever had!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend were celebrating our birthdays and decided to take a trip down to Hastings to spend a few days by the sea. When we arrived at the Zanzibar we were offered a complimentary glass of prossecco in the bar before being shown to our room. I was immediatley impressed with the friendly service. Only slight disappointment was the room itself - I had booked at the last minute and we had been allocated the Morocco room. The bed in the room is on a mezzanine level up a small spiral staircase, not so easy when you are 6ft 4 like my boyfriend! Although the room itself was nicely decorated, the mezzanine bed wasn't particularly comfortable and although there was a fan provided, it was very warm.

However, we really enjoyed the dinner in the hotels Pier Nine restaurant, it was excellent and very good value. the same can be said for the breakfast the next morning, it was exceptionally well done. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Avoid the Morocco room if you have mobility issues.
2  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

'Wow! What can we say. .....

Just back home after a fantastic weekend staying in Manhattan room with my husband celebrating my 40th birthday. The room was fantastic and we could not of asked for more and with a nice touch a welcoming bottle had been put on ice for us when we arrived.

The staff were helpful and we did not envy them climbing the stairs with our champagne breakfast each morning!!

We ate both lunch and dinner in Pier Nine and the food was delicious with full compliments to the chef!

The sea views were breathtaking and we could have spent all day watching the world go by! In fact we put it off for as long as possible until we checked out.

We have already been looking at dates for our next visit!!

Huge thanks to Max and all the staff, we will be seeing you all again soon.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Japan room which was beautifully decorated. The jacuzzi in the room was a nice touch.

I was very impressed with the facilities which included a smart TV, the usual kettle along with extensive choices of hot beverage options, an iron and ironing board, a fridge with complimentary water and Elemis products.

We ate lunch and dinner at Zanzibar too. Both meals were of a very high standard and reasonably priced too. The selection of drinks was excellent also.

The staff were very friendly and helpful too. And when I realised I had left an item behind, they posted it back to me free of charge.

I would recommend The Zanzibar and will definitely return in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple