“A few days being spoilt”
Review of Swan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Swan House
Ranked #2 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Artisan room at Swan House in April. What a treat! Brendan, the owner, was quiet charm personified and very helpful with dinner and other arrangements.
Lots of lovely little touches and the great advantage of having the use of the beautiful lounge
were hallmarks of our stay. Would we go again. Yes please - when?!
Our room was lovely and bed very comfy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter R

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Swan House has to be the best place to stay in the area. Brendan is the perfect host who always makes his guests feel like friends, which is why people return again and again. Brendan is an expert on the best places to eat in Hastings and is happy to book tables for his guests. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and warm and I can't wait to go back soon. Believe the reviews, Swan House is simply the best B&B I have stayed in (and has the best breakfasts).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Arriving at this charming B&B, the owner met me by the door, welcoming me with strong, fragrant coffee by the fire, after showing me my room. And so started one of my best weekends in years!
The owner, mr McDonagh, really makes an effort to have you feeling at home; offering fresh coffee after a stroll around the Old town of Hastings; making reservations at the local restaurants, keeping the fire warm in the big, lovely living room, and serving the most fantastic breakfasts! I have never tasted a better smoked salmon, truly, and the breakfast menue changes after the local marked - what is best today!
The room was fantastic, the house being several hundred years old, and respectfully modified towards the comfort required of today made the atmosphere very special, a little magic and quite "Game of Thrones"-like. The bed was most comfortable, as was the sofa in the huge living room by the fire. To meet the rest of the guests staying there at the same time was another bonus, chatting by the fire.
I loved it all - and can't find anything negative to mention!.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HeleneIN
Reviewed 31 January 2014

All the positive reviews you'll read here are true. The room I had was comfy and characterful, the breakfasts are great, the huge fireplace with great chunks of wood glimmering away, was very warming and scented the wood panelled sitting-room; within 10 minutes of arrival, I'd removed my shoes and was toasting my toes.

Brendan and his team really do an excellent job. I was visiting my Mum in Hastings this week so I planned to stay overnight at Swan House - it was my first stay there and I was on my own. My mum took ill and Brendan helped me enormously (even tho' he says it was no hassle). So, not only do you have a manager who's good at his job - he's also kind, which is an attribute that cannot be measured with gold stars (which is a shame, 'cos he'd get a shed-load).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Philippa B
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We chose Swan House from the reviews here, unsure if it could live up to all the positive reports. Well, I'm happy to say it did - in fact, it was even better than we'd hoped. We went for a birthday weekend and despite mixed weather, felt utterly chilled and charmed by our stay. The house itself is gorgeous, and even though our room (Garden Room) is the smallest, it had all the extra touches you'd want - coffee filters, flapjack pieces, robes, crisp white bedding. The sitting room is a place you could linger all day, but the location is also amazing, so easy to walk to the vintagey shops and cosy bars, or to the sea front.
What really makes this place stand out, though, is the hospitality. I was a little worried that with just four rooms, it might feel in your face, but Brendan and his lovely colleagues know when to chat and when to leave you to it, which is a very fine art. And the breakfasts... we’ve stayed in five star places, but this ranks in the top 3 for choice, taste and setting. We will be back! If we can manage to get in - the other three rooms were all occupied by return visitors and now I know why.
Oh, and the two dogs are adorable too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShyDiner
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A second stay here, and just as lovely as first time around. Brendan and his team are professional and friendly, and run a terrific place to stay. Great attention to detail, wonderful interiors and fittings, a delicious breakfast and supremely comfortable accommodation make Swan House unbeatable value. B&Bs often fall down on the public spaces, but I think the sitting room at Swan House is a triumph - charming and beautifully styled. Overall the most welcoming accommodation we have found in Hastings, and one of our favourite places to stay anywhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank palexri
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We just got back from a pre-Christmas weekend in Hastings, first time to visit the town and it was fantastic. Swan House was the perfect place to stay, Brendan was a very accommodating host and the house itself is great -- it's very much like a boutique hotel experience except with the personal touch of a B&B. We loved meeting his adorable dogs Matilda and Daisy (but if you are not a dog person don't worry you don't have to meet them). Bed extremely comfy and had top-notch linens; loved little touches like the chocolate treats on offer and the fire, plus morning papers. Breakfast is wonderful -- on our second morning we opted to go off menu and just get some bacon sandwiches, they were the best bacon sandwiches I've ever eaten! The location is absolutely perfect for exploring old town Hastings and Brendan has great recommendations for everything from restaurants to pubs to takeaway fish & chips. Definitely want to return to Hastings and to Swan House one day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple