Swan House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hastings
See available hotels
Lansdowne(Hastings)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
View Hotel
All reviewsgarden roomrenaissance roomold townb bhomemade baked beansattention to detailopen firehonesty barbeautiful old buildingthe perfect hostwarm welcomebreakfast was deliciousparking permitjerwood gallerygeorge streetperfect in every waysmoked salmon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A friend and I stayed with Brendan at Swan House for two nights, and it was truly the highlight of our trip. It's beautifully designed - filled with art from local artists, a great library and sitting room. Brendan is talented, gracious, and he can cook! The breakfasts were so delicious, and Brendan, anticipating our immediate need for coffee, (having been out late the night before listening to music) would have it on the table! Hastings is a really cool town too - wonderful venues for local music, fantastic food, picturesque walks... It was such a treat for us to meet Brendan, and I hope we have the chance to cross paths again at Swan House. Carol

Room Tip: Swan House is a small in, and the rooms we saw were all uniquely designed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Two (?) years ago I treated myself to 3 nights at this delightful place. I was glad to read the recent reviews as it means that the high standard has been maintained over time. On a recent day-trip to Hastings I went especially to look at the outside.. I feared the worst - i.e. that Swan House had changed hands - when I saw the exterior decorators painting the beams black (I had remembered a pale grey wash, but might be wrong).
I looked up the hotel on the 'net just to see what has happened. I'm glad to see this exceptional place is a still a hotel and under the same ownership. I remember that the patio garden was so lovely I didn't want to go out!.

Room Tip: I occupied the gorgeous huge room with window opening on to a small private balcony. Somewhat belatedly, but no less enthusiastic, I recommend the surroundings and ambience, right in the middle of the Old Town with its characterful little shops and restaurants, but still very handy for everything else a seaside town offers.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed two nights at this beautiful B&B and we could not be mor pleased. Everything was delightful and Brendan made us feel very welcome. Both the room, lounge and terrace were gorgeous and very cosy. Excellent brakfast!

Lisa and Sebastian

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thank you Brendan and the delightfully chipper young lady who served us a cracking breakfast this morning. The large Rennaisance room was decorated beautifully with a tranquil little roof terrace accessed through a sash window. Gorgeous little extras like locally made bath soaps, etc and a welcome arrival drink (with huge slab of home made lemon loaf) in our little terrace. Brendan was helpful, a charming host without being too 'in your face'. The decor throughout is impeccable - think Farrow & Ball beachy. Hastings beachfront is all a bit tired and peeling but this idyll in the pretty old town is truly a respite.

• Stayed: July 2014
BrendanMcDonagh, Owner at Swan House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Many, many thanks for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for commenting on our member of staff. Our small team here, work extremely hard to ensure that our guests have a great stay at Swan House. Your review is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at this charming Tudor B&B. Everything was fantastic from the comfortable room to the deliciously perfect breakfast. Brendan was very kind and attentive to our needs and was a great host. We highly recommend this great retreat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple