“Great Hotel in Hastings”
Review of Hastings House

Hastings House
Ranked #4 of 46 Hastings B&B and Inns
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
“Great Hotel in Hastings”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had the pleasure to stay in the Hastings House recently on out trip to England. We wanted to use Hastings as a base to discover 1066 country and booked a 3 nights stay in this great boutique hotel. Seng our host could not have been more accommodating. The room was beautifully updated, spacious, and very clean with great attention to detail. Breakfast was very good as well. We had splurged and gotten a sea view room, looking onto the English Channel. It was very relaxing to sit in the room in the evening or morning and look out onto the waves coming in. The parking can be a downside since you have to find a spot in the free public parking spots around the square that the hotel sits on, but we were there on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night and always found a spot open. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Room 3 is excellent!
1 Thank Glencoelad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

What an absolute fantastic place this is. I've called it 0 out of ten for two reasons. If you see a nought when other visitors rate it so highly hopefully you will read my comments. Secondly, other readers who don't read my review will skip the hotel, which gives me more chancy of getting another stay their.
I do not know why it isn't 10 out of 10.
Having travelled world wide over my career and stopped in some quality hotels,of which one in Tokyo always stood out in my mind as my favourite, has now been superseded by Seng's guest house.
What quality of finishing, design,courtesy, helpfulness, cleanliness with a very good Nepalese restaurant just around the corner(the Gurkha Chef) I personally could stay here for a complete holiday,and not just a flying visit.
I will be back, that is an absolute given, for a longer stay to meet Seng and Dusty again, and to soak up more of his wonderful establishment.
If you feel it looks a bit pricey for some of the rooms as I did at first, don't worry,because you soon forget that after the drink and chat that you have with Seng on arrival, and the quality of the design will soon put your mind at ease.
Brilliant is the only comment that we can give this guest house, and I can't wait to go back, under happier circumstances, which also speaks volumes of the guest house.
Thank you Seng once again.

Room Tip: We had a double with a sea view which we loved.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin G
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here as a film crew travelling in the area - Seng could not have been more helpful -- from the amazing cooked breakfast and coffee, helping us make dinner reservations, parking, beautifully appointed rooms -- simply couldn't fault it. Brand new, incredibly clean, not B&Bish, more like a chic boutique hotel in a converted terrace. Just lovely - very classy. Friendly other guests - overall a really nice vibe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cheshire
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed one night in the cosy room in the basement. It had everything you needed and the bed was very comfortable with good bed linen. The room must have been cleaned very thoroughly because I looked everywhere for my Oyster card before leaving but I was soon phoned by the proprietor to say that he had found it.
Breakfast was very high quality and the location just a few paces from the sea is excellent.
It seemed more like a small hotel than a B&B. There was nobody to contact to ask questions between 8 and 8 at night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Romford
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed one night in September with my wife. Room was on the lower ground floor, with a comment that the room was cosy. You would expect that the room would be small but it had everything that you could need or would want. Breakfast was lovely, smoked salmon with scrambled egg. All guests are very well looked after, by the team of people running the hotel. i will go back to this hotel in the future. Thanks for looking after us.

London
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Lovely warm welcome, delightful room with sea view and tremendously comfortable bed, excellent breakfast - and lots of attention to detail everywhere which made our stay very relaxing. The owner is exceptionally friendly and helpful. All in all this is a super place which more than deserves all the good reviews. Highly recommended.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We are NOT B&B types, so I was a little hesitant about our stay, and I shouldn't have been--this was just a lovely little inn. Mr. Loy, the owner, was SO kind and helpful upon arrival, and even before that: he responded very promptly to my email inquiry about booking, which actually helped make our decision about where to stay. Our room (#7, on the top floor) had a very nice view of the ocean and was large enough to comfortably accommodate a small cot for our daughter. (However, when booking, be aware that the property wifi signal does not reach that room.) But the best part of the stay probably had to be the breakfast--if you go, do NOT miss the brioche french toast, which is practically worth the price of the stay all by itself.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family