“One of the best!!”
Review of Hastings House

Hastings House
Ranked #4 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We do not usually stop at b&bs so this was a very nice surprise.the room and service was second to none.our host was very friendly and gave us some very helpful advice regarding the local area.some may think the prices may be expensive but something's are well worth paying that little bit extra.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We do love the East Sussex coast, it is a lovely part of the UK, and the jewel in the crown is Hastings House. Everything about the hotel sings of quality, luxury and attention to detail. The owners (Seng and Elizabeth) are friendly, professional and informative and updated us on things to do in and around the area. The welcoming coffee on arrival eased us into the relaxed state which has always been a feature of our stays here, our room was immaculately presented, the en suite was exquisite (great shower!) and the view of the choppy seas as breathtaking as ever. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, and over our three day stay we lacked for nothing. What a gem, we will of course return as soon as time permits!

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are great, but if available, treat yourselves to the sea view rooms
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and decided to upgrade to a luxury double room.while I did not expect a sea view, I did not expect the view to be of a local stores car park and of a back street. The room could be considered luxurious in regard to its fittings.The bed was large and comfortable, the shower was very powerful although I was somewhat surprised to find there was no division between the main room and the shower/toilet area.The TV was good and the breakfast in the morning was well cooked. However overall I was disappointed in this hotel as I expected more from a 5 star gold rated accommodation.Perhaps if I had paid for the sea view, my perception would be different, but having stayed in a boutique hotel in brighton the previous night, I expected similar standards which were not met.

Room Tip: get a sea view room-don't make the mistake I did.
2  Thank calypsoEastSussex
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed in so many 'Bland' and 'Chained' hotel groups throughout the world, and in the Hastings House I have found a hotel so beautiful, and so well run that I will DEFINITELY be coming for more. Comfort, space, friendliness only begin to describe this immaculately appointed hotel. The owner could not be more welcoming nor attentive. The food was as good or better than any hotel that I have stayed in.
Room 3 - a sea view to welcome in the morning sun. Luxury and space.
This hotel will make any trip, and start any day in the way that other hotels should aspire to!
Stay there NOW. Congratulations.....

Room Tip: Room 3 for a classy experience and space to relax.Sea views, sunshine in the morning - beautiful.
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I visited this guest for our anniversary. We were warmly welcomed by the owner who gave us our room key. We stayed in room 7 which is at the top of the guest house. Our room was beautiful and looked just like the room in the pictures. The room was a good size and had a lovely clean shower room. We had a good night sleep in the amazing bed linen, and enjoyed a very tasty breakfast before leaving. I would describe Hastings house as a boutique hotel rather than a guest house or bed and breakfast.

It's absolutely lovely.

Room Tip: If you arrive by train, don't waste you money on a taxi, Hastings House is an easy five minute w...
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, good location, great service. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the bathrooms are immaculate, great attention to detail. Our hosts were lovely, very knowledgable about the local area and helpful. Breakfast was superior to many others. Location is good, only 25 minute walk to old town.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently stayed at Hastings House at the end of a month long holiday driving around the UK and stayed at pubs, hotels, guest houses, apartments and B&B's. The reception offered by Seng on arrival was so welcoming! We had driven all day and were exhausted ... Seng offered us coffee and had us sit in the lounge to relax .... It was wonderful! We were then shown to our room and was so thrilled on the beautiful decor and quality of the fittings and linen. It was the best 2 nights sleep I had had in the last month! Wonderful sea views from our room and breakfast was just perfect. I asked for an omelette that was not listed on the menu and received exactly what I wanted and it was just the best. I had asked at other places and was told it was not on the menu and would have to pick something else. When we left I received an email from Seng to advise that my husband had left his prescription glasses in the room. By this time we were in London about to board our flight and Seng kindly arranged to post the glasses to me. Staying at Hastings House is our last memory of England and it was a lovely place to end our trip :)

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
1  Thank Jackree66