“Fresh milk for Tea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 49 Hastings B&B and Inns
Tenby, United Kingdom
“Fresh milk for Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just stayed here for 5 nights while working the south coast ,can not fault here .As a person who can spend 4 different nights per week in Hotels it was a pleasure to stay the 5 nights here , on 3 mornings it meant leaving at 7am and traveling for 2 hours , then doing the same each evening. First night asked for fresh milk for a cup of tea and from then on was greeted as I arrived HOME with a jug of milk and fresh tea bags .Wifi in my room , and was of a good strength ,this is a must for me .I was picked up one morning by a colleague who arrived slightly early , he was invited in and give a complimentary cafeteria of coffee while he waited for me .
Will return .Thank You

Room Tip: All ways be nice , this works in every thing one does !
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

My partner and I stayed in room 6 this was our second stay and a much more luxurious one too than our previous room 2 room 6 is smallish but very cosy and what I would call a boutique room the decor is beautiful with it's burnt orange grey and dark wood furniture, the bathroom is something else with the most beautiful bath I have ever seen over our two night stay my partner and I had 5 baths the two hosts are very lovely and helpful the only thing was that the DVD had no sound but the hosts had tried to fix and couldn't but it did not effect our stay in anyway I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone as the breakfasts are very well prepared and tasty don't be put off by the price as you will soon understand when you get inside your room but if your after a view I would either book 3,5 or 7 as they are much roomier and look out to the see

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Loulabudandchelly
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

It was lovely to receive a friendly welcome after a hard journey and a complimentary drink, although we arrived well after the stated booking in time. Hastings House is a small hotel, with a lot of stairs, but the facilities they offer are beautiful and the customer service provided is friendly and very efficient.
We stayed four nights and although we booked late and so had to start in a small lower ground floor room, we were moved to an upper floor sea view room as soon as one was available. Both rooms were beautifully presented with luxuriously comfortable beds, en-suite shower rooms, bathrobes, flowers and chocolate biscuits and the sea view room with a huge bay window was quite lovely, with an enormous bed and a huge shower.
Breakfast was very good and the service second to none. I can thoroughly recommend the scrambled egg with smoked salmon.
The location on Warrior Square is great, the possible downside is lack of parking at busy times.
Will I go back? Definitely!

Room Tip: Chose a sea-view room if possible, it's worth the extra! Avoid room 8 unless you don't min...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and myself stayed here on our way to our journey. It is very welcoming, friendly and comfortable. We have a expensive bed at home but my husband who suffers with his back said that the bed in the hotel was best he had ever slept on. It is possibly the cleanest hotel I have ever been in and we travel a lot and stay in 4 star hotels. They could not have been more welcoming and even recommendation a restaurant to us and also booked it for us. Breakfast was perfect. Definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

From start to finish my stay was an exceptional experience.
Arriving on a cold windy February afternoon, I was given the warmest welcome.
A pot of tea and a relaxed check in with a map of the area and an interesting chat with the owner left me feeling what a good choice I had made.
I had upgraded to a sea view room the view was lovely with an enviable view out to a choppy sea.
The bed was extremely comfortable, with every modern comfort. I loved the tasteful design touches and the room was immaculate.
After a restful nights sleep I forced myself to get up.
So glad I did because breakfast was worthy of a very special mention the best breakfast I've had in a long time, worthy of a 5 star hotel.
Served by a charming young lady who was very pleasant.
All I need now is an excuse to do business in the area again. I will definitely be returning.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

A warm welcome followed by great hospitality . Pot of tea on arrival, relaxing start that continued throughout the weekend . Comfortable room ,clean and compact . Road outside a little noisy which is part of the Hastings one way system . Great breakfast with lots of tea ,coffee and toast .
Nice weekend with old school friends .

Room Tip: Maybe a room at the back if you don't like traffic noise .
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

A warm friendly welcome - friendly and comfortable. Luxury b&b and great value for money. Contemporary yet charming -. Will most definitely stay there again. The choice of breakfast was great. \all the staff were helpful and kind.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family