“Hastings House Hotel - highly recommended”
Review of Hastings House

Hastings House
Ranked #4 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have just had a wonderful 3 day stay in this lovely Boutique Hotel. I had 2 rooms during my stay one on the first floor and one on the second floor and both were very stylish and comfortable. Mr Seng Loy , the owner of the Hotel and his staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times and the breakfast offered a lot of choice and was of a high standard. I am coeliac and they made sure that I had gluten free bread which I appreciated very much. The staff take great care with the presentation of the Hotel - it was beautifully clean and there was good attention to detail- the roses on the tables even matched the colour scheme of the paintings on the dining room wall when I was there and I had a beautiful sunflower in my room too. The Hotel is close to the sea front but also peaceful and quiet at night so I slept well. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to the Hastings / St Leonard's area

Room Tip: Room 1 on the first floor is a good size and has two windows which cools the room in the heat of sum...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We booked last minute choosing this bed and breakfast due to the ratings it had previously received. On closer inspection after we booked I noticed some negative reviews about room 8 which we had booked and a comment about no door on the bathroom so was a little nervous about what we would find upon arrival. Fortunately our concerns were unnecessary. What a wonderful place!

The gentleman that greeted us was very welcoming offering us a complimentary drink upon arrival and a map of the local area advising us of the locality of restaurants. Nice touch.

Our room was number 8. Yes it is in the basement, but what a great use of space and beautifully decorated. Complimentary toiletries with robes and hair dryer supplied in the room too.

The complimentary breakfast was lovely. Nice light and airy breakfast room with a good choice of food items. Orange juice followed by tea and coffee and a full English breakfast with a variety of egg options to choose from, I chose poached and my husband chose fried egg. The toast was wonderful, thick slices with a choice of marmalade and jam.

The only negatives; free parking is limited. We were fortunate to find a space. And the seagulls. They are so loud throughout the night. Two things that cannot be controlled by the owners!

Being in the hotel industry we know how difficult it is to please, but this couple have no trouble what so ever. It surprised us both that a bed and breakfast could be this good. It is more like a classy boutique hotel.

Attentive service, but not intrusive. Made to feel welcome immediately. Will definitely choose Hastings House again. Fabulous!

Room Tip: Don't be out off by other reviews for room 8. We loved it
1  Thank Kim1807
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I'm sure every other room in the hotel was great, But us being on the lower level meant low air circulation and it was very hot outside! I enjoyed the breakfast everything was very clean and the bed was comfortable, The only things letting this rood down was really no view out the window.

Room Tip: Dont ask to go to the lower rooms!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Craig T
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I was only at Hastings House for 1 night and I didn't spend a great deal of time there but what I saw of it was lovely. My room was a small double (room 4), small but perfectly formed. The decor was stylish and comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. The room had everything in it that was needed.
The breakfast room and the breakfast itself was lovely and the staff I met were helpful and friendly.
Overall a good experience and good value, I can't find fault and I'm glad I picked it.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The owners are really friendly, cleanliness and ambient is usually only found in a 5 star hotel. I would be more than happy to stay with them if I am in the area. Excellent breakfast with good Bio products used.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Beejay477
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for a week and we loved it. Had room no 3 with sea view. Spacious, decorated nicely and with quality items. The bed is big and wonderful, and you can enjoy the sea view from here as well. Nice view to wake up to. The bathroom is modern and well equipped. All clean and tidy. Only complaint would be the noisy from the street, very busy in the morning and late afternoon/evening. Mainly because we had to have the windows open because of the warm weather - we certainly can't complain about the weather.
When we arrived we were offered a coupe of coffee or tea, a nice welcome. And the coffee was good!
The breakfast was excellent, good products and freshly prepared on order. Traditional English breakfast, fresh fruit with youghurt, French toast and much more served in a very nice breakfast room/lounge. I love black pudding but it wasn't on the menu. I asked for it, and the owner took the trouble to get it for me. He made my week.
The owner and the staff were helpful at all times.
The hotel is located it bit out of the way from Hastings but only 15 to 25 minutes walk to the town and a range of good restaurants. Also a few good restaurants near the hotel.
We are happy to have stayed at this wondeful hotel and would happily return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NN-CPH
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location but no view of the sea.
Room spotless but small and we would prefer a separate toilet, not in the same room as the bedroom.
Breakfast very good. The owner Seng and staff were very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
The Mermaid Inn
The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory
#1 of 47 in Hastings

Been to Hastings House? Share your experiences!