“Highly recommended”

Hastings House
Ranked #4 of 49 Hastings B&B and Inns
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Exceptional service, beautiful room (we stayed in a see-view room), clean. If I had to fault this I'd like better lighting in the bathroom. But I don't have to fault it, and I won't. We thoroughly enjoyed and hope to come back

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Staff really look after you, to make sure your stay is a good one . Excellent breakfast. Safe underground parking at very cheap price . A little out the way, but walkable to old town. Only negative is no aircon, otherwise great stay

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Sadly a family funeral bought us to Hastings. On the day of our stay we got lost and the owner patiently took 3 calls from me and gave clear instructions which greatly helped. On arrival we were provided with a complimentary drink which was very welcome and we sat in the small patio area.
The room was immaculate and a great deal of thought had obviously gone into the decor and amenities.
There was also a well stocked fridge and ample pillows..bed was sooo comfortable!
Breakfast was served at your table and the selection included smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.
Overall a very pleasant stay and highly recommended.
Debbie xx

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My boyfriend and myself stayed here last week for a joint bday vacation and overall Hastings House was amazing. We stayed in room 6 (top floor and the only room with a bath) and it had modern decor and was nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the minibar was handy and very reasonably priced. We had a tv with freeview and a DAB Radio in the room and the bathroom was spacious and had a massive mirror. Bathrobes were provided and the bath was lovely, big enough for two. The hosts were amazing, very attentive and polite. Breakfast was top class, lots to choose from and fresh. Location is good, about 7 mins walk from St Leonards Warrior Square Station, 10 mins walk to shopping centre and is right on the beach front. Lots to do in Hastings and surrounding areas so make sure you plan ahead. The only con we had was that the wifi signal on the top floor where we stayed was very weak. Will defo stay in Hastings House again and would recommend if you want to relax and get away from a busy lifestyle.

1 Thank MsJPerfectionist
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hastings House is a great place to stay - right by the sea and a good base to explore Hastings, St Leonards, Bexhill and beyond. The staff are friendly, the food good, atmosphere relaxing and the room extremely comfortable. This was my second stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the first and second floors and found both to be extremely quiet - apart from the o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have just had a wonderful 3 day stay in this lovely Boutique Hotel. I had 2 rooms during my stay one on the first floor and one on the second floor and both were very stylish and comfortable. Mr Seng Loy , the owner of the Hotel and his staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times and the breakfast offered a lot of choice and was of a high standard. I am coeliac and they made sure that I had gluten free bread which I appreciated very much. The staff take great care with the presentation of the Hotel - it was beautifully clean and there was good attention to detail- the roses on the tables even matched the colour scheme of the paintings on the dining room wall when I was there and I had a beautiful sunflower in my room too. The Hotel is close to the sea front but also peaceful and quiet at night so I slept well. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to the Hastings / St Leonard's area

Room Tip: Room 1 on the first floor is a good size and has two windows which cools the room in the heat of sum...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We booked last minute choosing this bed and breakfast due to the ratings it had previously received. On closer inspection after we booked I noticed some negative reviews about room 8 which we had booked and a comment about no door on the bathroom so was a little nervous about what we would find upon arrival. Fortunately our concerns were unnecessary. What a wonderful place!

The gentleman that greeted us was very welcoming offering us a complimentary drink upon arrival and a map of the local area advising us of the locality of restaurants. Nice touch.

Our room was number 8. Yes it is in the basement, but what a great use of space and beautifully decorated. Complimentary toiletries with robes and hair dryer supplied in the room too.

The complimentary breakfast was lovely. Nice light and airy breakfast room with a good choice of food items. Orange juice followed by tea and coffee and a full English breakfast with a variety of egg options to choose from, I chose poached and my husband chose fried egg. The toast was wonderful, thick slices with a choice of marmalade and jam.

The only negatives; free parking is limited. We were fortunate to find a space. And the seagulls. They are so loud throughout the night. Two things that cannot be controlled by the owners!

Being in the hotel industry we know how difficult it is to please, but this couple have no trouble what so ever. It surprised us both that a bed and breakfast could be this good. It is more like a classy boutique hotel.

Attentive service, but not intrusive. Made to feel welcome immediately. Will definitely choose Hastings House again. Fabulous!

Room Tip: Don't be out off by other reviews for room 8. We loved it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple