“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 46 Hastings B&B and Inns
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hastings Hotel as a break from our busy week in London! Without realising we were also there for Hastings Carnival which was brilliant!
Hastings Hotel is stunningly furnised and we stayed in room 6 which had a gorgeous huge bathroom and set at the back of the hotel.
Breakfasts were lovely and plentiful and overall our stay at Hastings House was perfect and just what we needed.
Highly recommend

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
wiltshire
Reviewed 4 August 2009

The owners were very friendly and helpful towards our stay. The rooms were immaculately clean and tidy when we arrived.Overall we was very happy with our short stay at hastings house.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 2 August 2009

in a few sentences, just to line out the perfect stay we experienced:

the entire hotel is styled and furnished in a tasteful and beautiful way. Modern and original, but not over the top. Definitely appreciated by two designers!

the breakfast was lovely; nice choice and very tasty. Great to not have the usual buffet standing at one side of the room, but having it brought to your table.

the room was clean and tidy as you would expect, but also very comfortable and again, great interior design!

finally the service of the staff must be mentioned. Very warm and personal, ready with advice and tips at any moment, interested and friendly - but never intrusive.

would recommend this to anyone who's looking for a place to enjoy some days directly at sea!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I travelled to Hastings on a business trip and decided to book into Hastings House after reading great reviews online. I am so glad I did! on arrival I was greeted by Seng the owner, who personally showed me to my room and carried my luggage up the 3 flights of stairs. He proceeded to show me how everything worked and made me feel completely welcome. I chose room 7, the pink room on the top floor, and the room was AMAZING!!!!!! the only downside to it was that it did not have a dressing table, but the impressive view of the gardens, sea and pier made up fo that!! It had everything else you would expect of a hotel of this standard, and I particularly liked the fresh flower display in the bathroom. Normally, breakfast is not served until 08:00 but I needed to check out at 07:30. When I requested breakfast i was told this was not a problem and I found my table perfectly laid at 07:00am. Although I was only there for one night I really enjoyed my stay, and if and when Im back in astings i would definately return to Hastings house!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
midlands
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The room we stayed in was at the top of the hotel- hence we had beautiful views. Made to feel very welcome by Seng. Room very clean and had lovely decor- super bathroom,too. Breakfasts lovely. Would def. stay here again

south wales
Reviewed 29 July 2009

A very welcoming, friendly couple running the hotel. An immaculate room and hotel. Excellent breakfast and superb bed. Great view of the sea from front bedrooms. Sadly spoilt by the busy main road it is located on, although some rooms are at the back of the hotel and would be quieter but lacking the good views. Also, the hotel does not have its own parking so only street parking is availble, most of which is restricted to 2 hours between 8am - 6pm.

Essex U.K.
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We really can't fault this hotel. The whole experience was a joy and after days out in Hastings, Battle and the surrounding areas we really looked forward to returning to the comfort of our accommodation.The decor in the accommodation was immaculate. We really couldn't fault anything from the moment we arrived to the moment we left from the decor, to the hotel cleanliness, to the superb breakfast.The owners were so welcoming and friendly. We asked for tips on where to eat and were given the name of a wonderful Gurkha restaurant just around the corner from the hotel, and that was a great tip also.If I'm in the area I wouldn't stay anywhere else and will  recommend Hastings House to all my friends.Thank you all at Hastings House for making us feel so comfortable and welcoming.