“excellent boutique b&b with wonderful service”
Review of Hastings House

Hastings House
Ranked #4 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2010

my wife and i were looking for a high quality b&b to relax in on a two night stay, we definately found it! mr seng loy was a great host and cook. The rooms we stayed in were lovely especially the sea view room with great attention to detail . I would recommend this as probably the best place to stay in hastings!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Having stayed in a succession of disappointing hotels and B&Bs in the Hastings / Bexhill area a number of times before, I was relieved and delighted to find the wonderful Hastings House. I stayed here for 4 nights on business and would highly recommend it to everyone looking to stay within the area.
The quality of my room was very high also. Beautiful bedroom, bathroom, bathrobes, high quality TV, etc. Matched by the overall quality of the hotel decor and restaurant area. Modern, clean, elegant and full of sunlight. Breakfast was delicious and catered for my vegetarian needs (better than many top hotels I've stayed in).
But most of all, the owners of Hastings House made me feel so welcome and relaxed, with their super efficient yet friendly, informal manner, that it really did start to feel like home from home, rather than just 'a place to stay'.
If you like high quality, great service and a warm, friendly environment, this is the place to book!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is a lovely hotel and the interior is perfection , all the decoration throughout the house and attention to detail is fantasic
The breakfasts was very delicious and relaxed
The owners were very down to earth and Dusty hier new dog was lovable and fun
we enjoyed our stay and would recommend to any one who wishes to have a
relaxing time in hastings
Toni and Steve

Reviewed 29 July 2010

Even we have booked the smallest room but all the interior fit to perfection , all the decoration, attention to details ,all the finishing touches were very tasefull and the breakfasts was really delicious and I can tell it's nothing else but quality . I was very impress from the moment of booking as Mr. Seng Loy the owner he was very friendly and down to earth because i'm someone who doesn't like anything too formal like most 5 stars hotels and they are far too expensive.
I really like Hastings and always have and since I have found Hastings House Hotel I like Hastings even more.

Reviewed 20 July 2010

We booked a room at Hastings House for a long weekend and absolutely loved it. The hotel is beautifully decorated and our room was gorgeous with it's spacious walk -in shower. The breakfast was lovely with lots to choose from on the menu. We will definately be back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed for two nights at this lovely B&B having read the favourable reviews on this site. We had room 4 as the larger, sea view rooms had all gone, but it was beautifully designed and had a lovely big shower, a flat screen TV/DVD with a library of films to pick from. The whole house is georgeously designed with huge attention to detail, and pristine. The proprietor, the charming Seng works tirelessly to make your stay a good one, without Breakfasts are delicious, a wide choice, I ate smoked salmon and freshly cooked scrambled egg, my favourite! There is a secluded terrace where you can smoke so you don't have to go out onto the street. It is a pleasant 15 minute walk to the old town, along the promenade. We ate at the Azure the first night and it was misleadingly expensive (VAT added at the end?) and disappointing, so beware. Next night we had some lovely fresh (and cheap) fish and chips at Plato's which made up for it. Perfect B&B and a wonderful break.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Myself and my boyfriend came to Hastings to celebrate my birthday with family. We chose Hastings House through viewing the website and the reality definitely exceeded our expectations. We were warmly welcomed my Seng and his wife Elizabeth, given drinks and refreshments whilst Seng explained everything to us and made us feel very at home. Throughout our stay they were extremely warm and friendly, offering tea, coffee and homemade delicious cakes when we returned after a day out. The breakfast had a wide variety, very tasty and in abundance, and as for our room (room five) we were delighted! High design, clean, cozy, extremely comfortable and everything in tiptop condition, with a beautiful view of the sea. We will be back again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple