“Outstanding support & service”

The Essential Wine School
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My son attended the WSET 1 & 2 courses. They were held in a great venue and the tutors were exceedingly knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. He had a great time and passed his exams, walking away with 2 badges of which he is extremely proud.

Highly recommend these courses to wine lovers and professional cooks.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Although I was late for all of my courses, Ken and Ted have been excellently supportive also I was the back runner of the class and they made sure that I was along with them.

Lunch was served on all days ending with fantastic lunch at Tuscan Kitchen. It was amazing concept as at that price nobody offers you even tea or coffee.

Overall not only it was knowledgeable but was an amazing experience to learn with Ken and Ted and work along with fellow students.

The only suggestion I could offer Essential Wine school is I had seen most of the wine labels before and it would be amazing if the wines are not source-able ( in my opinion that would add more quality).

Again its the course and tutors that matters not the wine.

ewineschool, Owner at The Essential Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Thank you for your feedback, and so pleased you enjoyed the experience. We believe it important that our courses should be thoroughly enjoyable as well as educational, so lunch is a must - especially when hosting at The Gallivant. The final day at Tuscan Kitchen was, as you say, a treat and well deserved after the exam.
I note your point about the wines, but we need to stick pretty closely to the WSET recommendations and the syllabus requirements. Our non-exam tastings always try to explore the more unusual and lesser known regions and wines; do try to get to one!